If you hope to lose weight simply by walking, you will need to burn somewhere around 3500 calories per pound by means of walking it away.. That usually means an individual will need to burn off 3500 calories as well as the usual calories you burn up performing all of your every day actions, for example cleaning, hanging up washing, or cleaning the pots and pans.
Exactly how many calories can you burn off through walking?
In reality, this will depend with regards to how much you actually weigh. The more heavy you happen to be, the greater number of calories you can burn on an hourly basis. Research has revealed that a 210-pound individual uses up double the calories as a 110-pound individual walking with the exact same rate for the very same distance.
The information listed below displays roughly the number of calories you actually burn for each one hour of taking walks at various paces:
- 24-minute mile rate (2.5 miles-per-hour) - Slow
- 20-minute mile pace (3.0 mph) - Moderate
- 17-minute mile rate (3.5 mph) - Brisk
- 15-minute mile rate (4.0 mph) - Very Quick
- 13-minute mile rate (4.5 mph) - Even Faster
In the event that you weigh 150 pounds
- Walking 60 minutes per day at 2.5 mph speed, you burn 204 calories each day. You can lose 1 pound in approximately 18 days.
- Walking 60 minutes per day at 3 mph speed, you burn 225 calories each day. You can lose 1 pound in approximately 16 days.
- Walking 60 minutes per day at 3.5 mph speed, you burn 259 calories each day. You can lose 1 pound in approximately 14 days.
- Walking 60 minutes per day at 4 mph speed, you burn 340 calories each day. You can lose 1 pound in approximately 11 days.
- Walking 60 minutes per day at 4.5 mph speed, you burn 429 calories each day. You can lose 1 pound in approximately 9 days.
Are you going to use up more calories when you walk faster?
By distance - When you walk a specific distance, for example 1 mile, the answer will be No. You are going to burn up essentially the very same calories when you're walking faster. Really the only major difference is actually that when you go walking at a higher speed, you'll arrive at the particular target distance quicker.
By time period - When you walk for any specific time, for example 1 hour, the answer then is Yes. The quicker speed you actually walk, the greater number of calories you burn up. Also keep in mind, the more heavy you happen to be, the greater number of calories you burn up too.
Should you weigh 250 pounds
- Walking 1 hour each day at 2.5 mph speed, you'll burn 340 calories a day. You'll lose a pound of weight in about 11 days.
- Walking 1 hour each day at a 3 mphspeed, you'll burn 374 calories per day. You will lose one pound in about 10 days.
- Walking 1 hour each day at 3.5 mph speed, you'll burn 431 calories a day. You'll lose a pound of weight in about 9 days.
- Walking 1 hour each day at 4 mph speed, you'll burn 567 calories a day. You'll lose a pound of weight in about 7 days.
- Walking 1 hour each day at 4.5 mph speed, you'll burn 714 calories a day. You'll lose a pound of weight in about 5 days.
For that reason, should you weigh 250 pounds and then you proceed to walk energetically (3.5 mph) for one hour or so each day for 1 month, you'll drop nearly four pounds... without the need of going on a diet! Just how wonderful is that!
In order to determine exactly how many pounds it is possible to get rid of when walking 1 hour daily in a single thirty day period,
take the calories you shed going for walks one hour per day - multiply by 30
- divide by 3500
Example of this:
If you happen to weigh 150 lbs. and also go walking at 3.5 mph (brisk) for 1 hour, you actually melt away 259 calories on a daily basis.
259 multiplied by 30 = 7770
7770 divided by 3500 = 2.22 lbs.
Start off the daily walk with a enjoyable speed. As you grow even more physically active, you will end up walking much faster and using up additional calories.
So now, you should get some walking footwear and commence walking.
Lose weight one pound after another!