Mac and Cheese salad is an awesome dish served cold, which is easy to make and really quite simple ingredient wise.
You will need:
- 2 cups of cooked macaroni
- 1 cup. cubed American Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet pickle (or shredded dill pickle)
- 1 large unpeeled red apple, diced
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise or salad dressing of your choice
Cook the macaroni till desired doneness. Combine macaroni, cheese, pickle, apple, salt, and mayonnaise. Toss the salad until well mixed. Serve the salad with crisp lettuce leaves if desired. This recipe makes from six to eight servings. This is a good summer recipe, apple and lettuce make this salad pretty refreshing.