Kids Veggie Mac and Cheese
1. Wash the vegetables well and cut them to pieces.
2. Boil water using a large saucepan on medium to high heat.
3. Once it starts boiling, reduce heat and start adding the vegetables.
4. Stir in vegetables continuously until they start to get a little bit soft.
5. Transfer the vegetables in another container. You may notice that the liquid that was left will turn a bit green especially if you added green leafy veggies to it.
6. Add macaroni and continuously stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about five minutes or until the macaroni is tender.
You will notice that the greenish liquid is almost absorbed by the macaroni and there are also tiny pieces of vegetables left that are also included while you’re still stirring.
7. Add one tablespoon butter and the cheese sauce mix found inside the Kraft mac and cheese box then continuously stir until the mixture is well blended.
To add more taste to your “Macaroni and Cheese Cooked in Vegetable Soup” recipe, you can add any of the following ingredients such as crispy small-cut bacon, small sliced hot dogs , diced chicken or ham on top of it. This is a simple recipe for busy moms and children who love mac and cheese. This doesn't involve baking, and you can adjust the quantities of the ingredients as well to suit yours and your kids’ tastes.
You may also add any type of cheese that you like or add milk to it. Just remember while cooking your veggies not to place them into a pot of boiling water so that it may not lose their nutrients while being cooked. You can also eat the vegetables that you had separated from the soup and it would taste better if you add a little vegetable dressing.