Do you have podcasts or videos on your website or blog? If yes, do you put up the transcripts of such podcasts or videos on your website or blog?
If not you may be leaving money on the table when it comes to SEO and online marketing.
Providing transcripts of your videos or podcasts is the easiest way to maximize your online income from your website of blog.
What is transcription
Transcription is the process of converting audio or video into text. The conversion is done primarily by typing using word processors.
Transcribers are those people involved in transcription.
Transcription is provided by transcription service providers (companies) as well as freelance transcribers.
Freelance transcribers are perhaps more affordable and easily accessible for bloggers, affiliate marketers, and content producers.
Benefits of podcast transcription
- Attract more readers/customers
- Transcripts being text your podcasts get indexed by major search engines - Google, Yahoo!, Bing etc.
- You can easily link to affiliate products from within the transcripts - which is not possible through your podcasts.
- Impatient readers who love scanning article can easily do so.
- In some cases, readers with very low internet connection will appreciate reading the text when videos don't load fast enough to really enjoy podcasting.
- You can cross-link to other posts on your blog or to other valuable articles on other sites.
You add more value to you blog by providing transcripts of your podcasts and your readers will certainly appreciate your hard work.
However, providing transcripts of podcasts need not be hard.
You can easily and cheaply outsource to transcription service providers or freelance transcriptionists to get the work done, professionally.
As a content producer, you will multiply your contents by having your podcasts transcribed.
How to use and optimize your podcast transcripts
Podcasts transcripts may be used in many ways.
- It can be published along with the podcast, or alone as another blog post on your blog.
- It can be used as a guest post on others' blogs.
- Transcripts can be re-purposed as report or ebook.
- Send it to your newsletter subscribers as premium content.
As you can see, there are many ways to use transcripts of podcasts and the above only shows some of it.
To optimize podcast published on your blog use keywords or keyphrases in your podcast title. Do not hesitate to edit your transcripts to highlight keywords and for readability. Use subheadings and bullet points. Do forget to link to affiliate products or to other pages in your blog.
Take advantage of transcription and market your blog or business to increase your income and customer base.