Owning a Facebook fan page for your company or business is one of the best ways to get noticed in today's society, and if you don't have one yet, you could be missing out on valuable marketing. Whether you already have one or are thinking about setting one up, read on to find out how to make that page SEO friendly, and make the most out of your marketing campaign.
Page name- Typically, you want to use your business name as your page name, but do not use anything too generic. Remember, whatever you do chose should be permanent; trying to change this later can create problems for SEO.
- ·URL- Facebook now allow you to use vanity names in your URL, which is great for SEO. In order to do this, you must have at least 100 fans. Think about using at least one key term related to your business in your URL in order to help your SEO marketing.
- ·Keyword- The “About” and “Info” area of your page should be rich in keywords, just like using SEO in any other way. Great options here include putting your address in the “About” section, and links to your various sites in the “Info” section. This will help search engines and people looking for your services find you.
- ·Photos- When you post photos, think about using keywords in the descriptions. Think about the flow from both a human perspective, and from a search engine perspective. Every business Facebook page should have at least some photos on it.
- ·Statuses- Another great SEO tip is to make sure that you are using your keywords in your status updates. However, remember that the goal of Facebook is to bring visitors to your website, so do not put everything on this page. Giving snippets or sneak peeks will get users' attention and push them towards visiting your site.
- ·Discussion boards and notes- Search engines now look at the discussion boards and notes on Facebook, so make sure to put keywords here as well. One great idea is to put a few of your blogs, if you have them, in the Notes section and begin a good discussion with your fans. This tip also will help you reach fans who only go online to use Facebook.
Having a Facebook page is great for your business in general, but making it SEO friendly is the best way to make your business stand out, and increase your visibility online. So think about creating a new Facebook page for your business, or if you have one, updating it to make it a bit more SEO friendly. This will increase your sales, and help you make lifelong customers in no time!