If you are looking forward to have a good massage it is important for you to have some massage etiquette. Here are some massage etiquette tips to help you out.
- The first thing you should do is scheduling your appointment before time. This will allow the therapist to arrange his or her other massage appointments. Do not be late on your appointment. Always arrive at least 15 minutes earlier than your appointment. It will offer you some time for relaxation and to get comfortable with the environment.
Never cancel on the last minute, always cancel well in time. It helps the therapists to arrange his or her other commitments
- Make sure that you have showered before going for the massage and are clean. You should not be all sweaty and dirty. Also drink a lot of water so you are fully hydrated before the massage. Avoid applying any moisturizers as they can diminish the effect of the massage oils.
- Before the massage starts you should talk to the therapist about your preference in music, lighting and room temperature to make sure that you are comfortable. Even if something bothers you during the massage you should tells your therapist. However do not interrupt the therapist again and again as it tends to diminish the effect of the whole massage session. You can make a small talk with the massage therapist but do not chat a lot as it takes away from the whole calm and peaceful experience of having a massage.
- Do not attempt to call anyone from your cell phone while having a massage. In fact you should turn off your cell phone while you are having a massage. This is because chatting on the cell phone is disrespectful towards your massage therapist and it also disrupts the serenity and the calmness of the massage therapy session.
- It is quite a normal thing to fall asleep while having a massage as the whole purpose of the massage is to make the body reach a calm and relaxed state. In fact if you fall asleep during the massage your therapist will usually take it as a compliment. So sleeping is not a problem, but snoring can be annoying.
- After the massage is done spend a few moments at the massage table. This will help you to relax and cool down a little. Do not spend too much time on the table after the massage or you will feel a little sleepy again.
- Once the massage is done you should tip your massage therapist with at least a 10% tip.
- The most important massage etiquette tip is to always treat the massage therapist the way you want him or her to treat you.