Years ago it was fashionable for men to wear leather boat shoes. They were the thing to wear and everyone had a pair. The problem was that they soon went out of style, but I never stopped buying them.
As a boater, I learned how practical they were to wear in the boat. High quality ones are made out of leather and have rubber soles.
Not only did I realize how practical they were, but I also learned how comfortable they are. If they are worn without socks, the leather will mold to your feet. Once they have molded to your feet they will keep them dry even if you have to walk in the water.
The rubber soles on them will grip to the surface of any boat, even if it is wet.
I have discussed the practicality of them, but they also are nice looking shoes. Top end ones are expensive, durable and look good. One thing that my father always told me was that it never hurts to look good.
On top of every else, it helps me to stay cool on a scorching hot summer day to wear these lightweight shoes with no socks.
Here is a list of some of the higher quality options that are available to men:
- Timberland Earthkeeper 2.0, this shoe was made with the environmentally conscious man in mind, being constructed of recycled materials . It comes in 3 colors.
- Timberland Classic two-eye boat shoe, it is equipped with laces that wrap all the way around your feet for a very nice, custom fit. It also has a sift leather lining that is designed to wick moisture away from your feet. This shoe comes in 2 colors.
- Top Sider Billfish 3-Eye Shoe, this lightweight, leather also has the wrap-around lace feature. The durable construction of stain and water-resistant leather also has a non-marking sole that is designed for traction on either wet or dry surfaces. It comes in 4 colors.
- Sperry Top Sider Authentic Original, this is the original boat shoe. It also has a rubber outsole, designed for traction on both wet and dry surfaces. It comes in 13 colors.
- Top Sider Mako 2-Eye Canoe Moc, it also has the wrap-around lace feature. With its padded tongue and dual density bottom with cushioned midsole, this shoe was truly designed for comfort. It has a rubber sole that was designed for wet or dry traction. It is also made of stain and water-resistant leather for added comfort. It comes in 4 colors.
- Gold Cup 2-Eye, this boat shoe is lined with genuine deer skin around the foot for added comfort. It is constructed of stain and water-resistant leather. This shoe also sports 18K gold eyelets for corrosion resistance.
- Tommy Bahama Captain Leather Boat Shoes, these top-of-the line boat shoes are made of a waterproof leather uppers that will keep your feet dry even if they become submerged. This shoe also has a rubber sole designed for traction in both wet and dry conditions. This soft, leather footbed is designed for cushioning and support. This shoe was designed to be worn all day long. This shoe comes in 4 colors.
I have owned many different kinds of boat shoes. I have learned one thing about them and that is;
You can't go wrong as long as you purchase the top of the line shoes. I love them because they are so comfortable and they keep my feet dry.