Merrell has been making top of the line and durable shoes for outdoorsy kind of people for a long time. If you like to hike or tramp around in the woods, chances are you have heard of the Merrell boot company. When I was younger and liked to spend lots of my weekends backpacking through the woods of Northern Minnesota, I owned a couple of pairs of these boots.
Here is a list of some of the hiking boots that Merrell has available to men:
- Whiteout 8 water proof: This boot is available in 2 colors and has a comfort range of down to -40 degrees F. This high boot is both water proof and breathable. It is insulated with 400 grams of Merrell lightweight and synthetic Opti-Warm Insulation. This shoe also has a waterproof membrane that also breathable.
- Thermo 6 Waterproof: This boot is not as high as the Whiteout 8 and comes in one color. It has a comfort range of down to -25 degrees F. It is insulated by 200 grams of thinsulate as well as Polartec Insulation and has a waterproof membrane that is an impermeable layer. This shoe also features a cold proof insulating foot bed.
- Graz Waterproof: This is another ankle high boot that comes in one color. It has a comfort range of -25 degrees F. This boot has a fleece lining that has been treated with an antimicrobial solution and has 200 grams of prima-loft insulation. This boot also has a waterproof membrane that acts as an impermeable layer.
- Isotherm 8 Waterproof: This is another above the ankle height boot that comes in two colors. It has a comfort range of down to -40 degrees F. This boot has 400 grams of the prima-loft insulation and also has the waterproof membrane. This boot was made with the snow sports nut in mind.
- Tyrol Waterproof: This is a above the ankle height boots that comes in one color. It has a comfort range of down to -40 degrees F. This is a fully waterproof boot that also has the waterproof membrane as well as a protective rubber rand and toe cap. It also has 200 grams of Prima Loft insulation. If you like to go out in the nastiest weather of the year, this is the boot you should consider.
Merrell boots are designed with the hardcore winter sports nut in mind. These boots are expensive, but remember one thing, you get what you pay for. I have selected these 5 boots for a reason, and that is they are perfect for the winter snow. These boots will keep your feet both warm and dry no matter how bad the weather becomes.