The problem with painting is that it can be extremely messy, especially if you are painting with children. They have trouble keeping the paint on the paper, and this can end with paint all over the table, floor, and sometimes even the walls! So how can you avoid this disaster?
Here is your answer to the messy painting problem. This fun solution allows you to paint with children of all ages including babies! By painting inside of a plastic Ziploc bag it can eliminate the mess and add some fun to the experience. Here is what you need to do.
- Paper (cardstock paper works the best)
- Scissors (optional)
- Plastic Ziploc Bag
- Masking Tape
- First, start by cutting your piece of paper into any shape you would like to paint. If you would just like to paint a plain sheet of paper you can skip this step.
2. Next, pick your colors of paint and put a few dots of paint on the shape. You want to put a few dots of each color on different spots throughout the shape. The bigger your shape is, the more dots you should add.
3. Carefully put the piece of paper with paint into a Ziploc bag, smooth out the air, and shut the bag tight. It is very important that the seal is secure all the way across the top so that no paint can escape.
4. This next part is the fun part! If you are painting with a young child you will need to tape the edges of the bag down with masking tape (if you aren't then you can skip this). Once the bag is secure the fun begins! Smash and squish the paint around until you have mixed the colors as much as you desire.
5. This last step is the hardest, so it needs to be done carefully. Open the Ziploc bag and carefully pull the painted paper from the bag (cardstock comes off easier, and this is where it comes in handy). Now you can either let your painting dry as is, or you can embellish it as you would like!