Mist fountains are used in both home and commercial settings, and are a very popular variety of modern fountain.
When we think of decorating our house we want to add something to our home that makes a definitive statement. One of the things that has become quite popular is the mist water fountain. These kinds of fountains have been mainly known for their decorative applications, however, only they also provide little known health benefits.
These items are available in various shapes and sizes and it is up to you to decide which suits you and your home best.
Colors have become more varied in these pieces with several colors that have been added to production. Apart from the attractive colors, the volume of the splashing water in the fountains has been almost completely muted. The price range of the desk models range from $60 to $500 and above depending upon the material and type you choose.
Advantages of having a mist fountain in your home or office:
- Flowing water adds moisture to the air. The moisture in the air helps in removing cold contaminants and also aids in addressing dry skin problems.
- It acts as an aromatherapy agent by adding a few drops of your favorite essence oil. Aromatherapy helps alleviate stress, relaxes your muscles, improves your hormone regulation, and relieves muscle aches and headaches.
- They are known for their ability to create natural negative ions into the air to purify and cleanse your surroundings. This moisture-filled air is very beneficial for individuals suffering from allergies, colds, bronchitis, or asthma.
- Mist reduces nasal congestion and allergy symptoms: Heating and air conditioning equipment causes air-dryness in the indoors. Misting water features help reduce the nasal congestion and reduces allergy symptoms by adding negative ions to improve the indoor air quality.
- It enhances the aesthetic appeal of any room.
- Mist fountains transform standing or flowing water into an enchanting mist. This helps to increase the endorphin levels in the brain. Increased endorphin levels result in higher levels of concentration, reduces stress, and enhances the sense of well-being.
- The constantly recycling water from desk fountains plays a vital role in the surroundings where it is kept. The recycling system is soothing to anyone who enters the room.
- They reduce skin irritations and dandruff: Moisture filled air helps you hydrate your skin and scalp, which in turn reduces the skin irritations and dandruff symptom.
- They also enhance the quality of your sleep. It enables the magical combination of negative ions and aromatherapy. Both negative ions and aromatherapy are known to regulate the production of serotonin (a chemical produced inside of your brain). Thereby, these types of water features help you "feel-good" and improve your comfort, relaxation, and calmness not only by its appealing beauty, but also through its functional characteristics.
Safety precautions that one should carry out before installing the mist fountain:
- Always consult an electrician about where to position the mist fountain when you have to deal with hard wired electrical lines.
- Always check the required space for the mist fountain.
- Always talk to experts about any special requirements and safety precautions required prior to installing a mist fountain in your house.
Where can you get a mist water fountain?
You can check your local big box home goods stores but I always advise people to go online and check for a nearby small mom and pop style store that sells and installs mist fountains.
If not, you can always find an e-commerce store online by doing a Google search for discounted mist fountains. other options include surfing Pinterest for inspiration and to find links to hidden gems.