Do you love chick flicks? If you're looking for the best chick flicks of all time this is a list you have to check out. Most girls like these kinds of movies, at least to some extent. There are so many chick flicks to enjoy and there are more and more coming out every year. So, just for fun, I'll tell you about some of my top choices for favorite chick flick movies.
My picks for the best chick flick movies are (in no particular order):
- Some Kind of Wonderful - This is an 80's movie that starred Eric Stolz and Mary Stuart Masterson. It's about the guy that never gets the girl who finally gets up the guts to ask out the girl that everyone wants to go out with. He shows her that he's really something special before he realizes that he is with the wrong girl.
- Pretty Woman - With Julia Roberts as a prostitute with big dreams and Richard Gere as the business man that never lets his guard down. They are completely unsuitable for each other but that doesn't stop them from falling in love.
- Thelma & Louise - Who doesn't love a movie about best friends getting into trouble and kicking some ass? Plus, you get to see Brad Pitt's butt!
- Eat Pray Love - This movie will speak to any woman that feels she has something to discover about herself. It covers three countries and loads of discovery and feeling and emotion. I fell in love with this movie the first time I saw it and every time I've seen it since.
- The Bridget Jones Movies - There were two movies and both were great. They address issues that women deal with in their real lives - work, weight, love, and friendship.
- Ever After - The Cinderella Story - This is a re-telling of Cinderella but with a different slant. In this story, Cinderella is a strong and independent woman.
- When Harry Met Sally - Sally thinks men and women cannot just be friends; Harry doesn't. This movie addresses those issues. It is a sweet movie that has you rooting for the love between Harry and Sally all the way through.
- You've Got Mail - Can two people never meet yet fall in love? After you see this movie you will believe they can. This movie was made back when email was a new thing. People were just starting to realize that you could meet others online and start relationships. Well kind of. It brought a lot of attention to the online dating sites.
- Legally Blonde (1, 2, and 3) - These movies are funny but have a serious message, too - don't judge people based on their appearances. I love that they show girls that you can be both pretty and smart but in the end it isn’t either one that makes the big difference - it is what you do with it that matters.
- Sleepless in Seattle - Sometimes love just happens, even if you think you aren't ready for it. Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks work their magic in this movie as two people who live in different worlds. Tom plays a widower and Meg plays a woman in a relationship that is going nowhere. It’s a movie that will touch your hearth and bring tears to the eyes.
There are many more great chick movies though. What is missing? What would you say are the best chick flick movies of all time?
Amazon Price: $50.00 Buy Now
(price as of Jun 1, 2014)
Amazon Price: $19.99 $6.50 Buy Now
(price as of Jun 1, 2014)