Common hair problems
In this article I will mention many natural tips for common hair problems:
- Hair fall
- Discolored hair
- Split ends
- And natural remedies to keep your hair healthy.
Choose the tip that best suits your body, schedule and is easiest for you. If you are allergic to oils or fruits, stop using them.
NATURAL TIPS TO STOP HAIR FALL
The majority of those who complain about hair problems are suffering from hair loss. When hair becomes old, it lacks vitamins and falls off. Just like a young leaf taking over an old yellow leaf, a new hair will replace the fallen hair. So, hair fall is normal. But it can sometimes become so serious that it leads to baldness. Let us see some ways of reducing hair fall.
- Avoid wiping wet hair violently. Hair is very weak when it is wet, so wiping it harshly can cause it to fall.
- Don’t wear hair accessories that pull the hair along with them when you remove them.
- Oil the hair at least once a week. Oil does not need to be left for long. Leaving the oil on the head for one hour is more than enough as the oil gets absorbed within an hour.
- Massage hair with oily fingers.
- Apply coconut milk on the hair and soak for half an hour then take a bath. Do this once a week until the hair fall stops.
- Always apply virgin coconut oil or olive oil once a week.
- Crush half of a butter fruit (avocado) and apply on the hair and scalp, leave for 15 minutes and wash off. Believe me, it gives the same effect as using a conditioner. Better avoid using this fruit in winter as it is cooling.
NATURAL TIPS TO REDUCE GREY HAIR
- Take a little mehandi, an egg and the juice of half a lemon and a table-spoon of instant coffee powder. Mix all the ingredients together apply on the hair and leave for 45 minutes. Then wash as usual.
- Take a little shikakai powder and make paste using water drained from cooked rice and wash the hair with it.
- Boil one cup of dried gooseberry with 4 cups of water. Add a pinch of sugar in it. Keep boiling till the measure reduces to one cup. Mix 2 cups of mehendi, an egg, juice of a lemon and the gooseberry solution and apply on the hair. Wash the hair after 2 hours.
- Heat oil with black seeds and apply once a week. This will stop hair fall and increase the volume of the hair.
- Take some fresh curry leaves and grind them. Then, add on the oil and heat till it boils. Drain the oil. Store in bottle to use once a week. This darkens the hair and increases its growth. It also has a very nice smell.
NATURAL TIPS TO CURE DISCOLORED HAIR
- Apply egg white on the hair and wash off. Do this twice a week until hair turns perfect.
- Apply a small amount of olive oil in your hair and let it soak for an hour. Wash and dry hair as usual.
- Let a spoonful of black seed soak in your bottle of hair oil.
- Boil 1 cup of dried gooseberry with 4 cups of water. Add a bit of sugar and keep boiling until the amount reduces to nearly a cup. Mix 2 cups of mehendi, an egg, juice of a lemon and the gooseberry solution and apply on the hair. Wash hair after 2 hours.
NATURAL TIPS TO GET RID OF DANDRUFF
- Heat water with a handful off dill seeds or fennel and a piece of lime. Bath in this water, while rubbing the lime on the scalp.
- Avoid applying conditioner on the scalp. Applied it on the hair from the neck onwards. Application of conditioner on the scalp will cause dandruff.
NATURAL TIPS TO CURE SPLIT ENDS
Split ends are mostly due to constant ironing and constant contact with chemicals. We must first trim our hair 1 or 2 inches to remove all the split ends. Next try out the tips below.
- Mix together 5 tsp. olive oil, 1 egg yolk and 1 tsp. honey. Massage this on the scalp. Wrap head with hot towel and leave for 15 minutes. Then wash it off.
- Split ends occur when your hair is dry. Applying a crushed or blended avocado will nourish hair providing the needed oil.
- Blend together 2 slices of papaya with 1 small cup of yogurt. Massage on the scalp and hair. Leave for 20-30 minutes then wash off.
- Always use alcohol free shampoo. Alcohol is harmful inside and outside the body.
- Oil your hair regularly. Use a mixture of olive oil, almond oil and coconut oil.
NATURAL TIPS FOR HEALTHY HAIR
Something that I have noted is that some remedies work on certain people and that remedies that don’t work on us work on others. All we have to do is to know what suits our body. As these remedies are natural there aren't any side effects. So one can try without any fear.
- Apply a small amount of olive oil to your hair and let it soak for an hour. Wash and dry hair as usual.
- Massage the scalp with pure coconut oil. This will get rid of dandruff and enhance hair growth.
- Apply coconut oil that boiled with small onions. Leave for an hour. Wash it off with a mixture of green gram powder and water drained from cooked rice.
- Apply a mixture of almond oil and gooseberry juice with finger tips on the scalp.
- Apply the warm mixture of olive oil, lemon juice coconut oil. Then, do a steam-towel wrap for 15 minutes and wash the hair using shampoo.
- Apply a paste of fenugreek powder and mustard powder to the scalp leave for a while and wash it off.
- Crush leaves of 5 petal hibiscus flower and take the juice. Wash the hair using this juice
- Squeeze out the juice from aloe and use it instead of shampoo. This adds moisturizer to the hair.
- Make a paste of tea, mehendi (henna), and curd and apply on the hair. Leave for some time and wash it off.
- Heat some oil using camphor. Apply the oil on the scalp and massage for 10 minutes and leave for 30 minutes. Then wash the hair using herbal shampoo. Then do the steam towel wrap for 15 minutes.