Where to find your advertising profile?

Setting up your Advertising Profile is actually quite easy. Go to your account and click on the "Advertising Profile".

ads1Credit: adragast ads2Credit: adragast

How to Set up Your Profile

In your advertising profile page, you should have something similar to this:

ads4Credit: adragast

If you are new, you will not have the Google Analytics line, though. It only appears after you wrote your 10th article.

I have hidden part of my ids but you should still understand what kind of ID you are expecting to set up here.

Google AdSense: InfoBarrel is now using its own Adsense ID to display ads on our articles so you do not have to enter your adsense info in your settings. Just set up your paypal account and you will be paid when you reach $50.

Amazon Associates Tracking ID: it is your Amazon affiliates ID. It will be used when one reader clicks on an item displayed on your article and buys something (even something else actually). You can use your ID to create links to some products inside your article or in your signature but then of course it will have nothing to do with the setting here.

Google Analytics Site ID: your Google Analytics ID. As stated above, you won't have this line at the beginning. When set up, this enables you to get more info about your readers. Traffic source, keywords used to get to your articles and so on. It is a great source of information so you should set it up when you have the possibility.

What About Your Referral Link?

If you refer a person to IB, you get 2% of this person's earnings. This comes from the site share so this person is earning the same whether using your referral link or not.

For example, imagine this person is at 70% revenue share (this changes depending on contest participation and so on). 

If this person registered at IB directly, this person will get 70% of ads revenue, IB will get the remaining 30%.

If this person used your referral link, this person will get 70%, you get 2% and IB get 28%.

Where do you find your referral ID? In Account, Account Settings, Referrals. See below:

Referral LinkCredit: Printscreen

 

Where can I see how much I earn per referral at InfoBarrel?

If you make money through writers you referred to the site, you will see an extra line in your earning page. This is however the total money you get through all referrals, not for each of them.

Is it worth it to get a lot of referrals?

Most referrals won't write anything the ones who do will probably earn very little and even if they do 2% isn't much, is it? 

I personally believe that despite this, getting new writers at IB is worth the effort. Why? Because the more writers and activity the site has, the better it is for your articles. If you refer someone who has similar interests as you, you may end up interlinking your articles and make them more attractive to search engines. And as in affiliates sales, you never know what will happen. Maybe one day you will get a thousands-dollars-earning referral. Don't lose this opportunity!

That's it

Don't hesitate to ask questions if something is not clear (comment section below, forum or PM).