It’s that time of year again for new beginnings, new starts, a new year, and New Year’s resolutions. A New Year’s resolution is when you resolve to make a change in your life that will make things better for you.
The most popular New Year’s resolutions have to do with losing weight, quitting bad habits or saving money. Additionally another popular resolution for the New Year will find you giving up something that is bad for you. Resolutions will also help you achieve goals or make commitments and stick to them.
In order to help you achieve your goals of the New Year, I have put together a list of the most popular New Year’s Resolution Quotes to keep you motivated in to keeping your New Year’s Resolutions and some just for your reading pleasure.
New Year's Quotes to Motivate
- We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.
By: Edith Lovejoy Pierce.
- Another fresh new year is here . . . Another year to live. To banish worry, doubt, and fear. To love and laugh and give.
By: William Arthur Ward
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
By: Mark Twain
- One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this — To rise above the little things.
By John Burroughs
- You have done what you could — some blunders and absurdities have crept in. Forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
By: Ralph Waldo Emerson
- We must become the change we want to see.
- Try not to become a man of success but a many of value.
By: Albert Einstein
- You’ve got to think about big things while you are doing small things, so that all the small things go in the right direction.
By: Alvin Toffler
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
By: Lao Tso
- Life is an adventure of your own creation. Make it exhilarating.
By: Kezzi Mizen
- May this new year bring many opportunities to your way,
to explore every joy of life
- Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
By: Carl Bard
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul.
By: G. K. Chesterton
- Happiness keeps you sweet, trials make you strong, sorrows make you humble, success keeps you glowing & God keeps you going. May you have a wishful year.
- Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
By Maria Robinson
- Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be.
By: Marsha Petrie Sue
- You were born an original. Don't die a copy.
By: John Mason
- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
By: Abraham Lincoln
Thoughtful and Funny New Year's Quotes to Enjoy
- An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.
By: Bill Vaughan
- Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right.
By: Oprah Winfrey
A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other.
Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to.
By: Bill Vaughn
Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.
By: Oscar Wilde
Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits.
By: Unknown Author
Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.
By: Hal Borland
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.
By: Author Unknown
- Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go.
By: Brook Atkinson
- A new year is unfolding ñ like a blossom with petals curled tightly concealing the beauty within.
- Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.
By: Benjamin Franklin