What is a New Year's Resolution?
The New Year is a time for a change. It is an opportunity to get a new start with an old life. Everyone has the option of becoming a better person and a New Year’s resolution can help make it possible.
Most everyone makes a resolution as the New Year begins. It is part of the annual celebration but keeping the resolution is another thing completely. Instead of setting yourself up to break the resolution, make a resolution to keep the resolution.
How To Keep A New Year's Resolution
In order to make a good attempt at keeping a New Year’s resolution, you have to set up some guidelines that will help. Here are five things you can do to help you with your New Year’s resolution:
- Write the resolution down in a place that you see often so you don’t put it in the back of your mind.
- Visualize yourself daily as honoring the resolution.
- Make the resolution specific. If it is too broad you are more likely to fail.
- Tell others about the resolution you made so you can be held accountable. It is always good to have a support system behind you.
- Make a plan so that you can see the steps involved in achieving the resolution you set for yourself.
Popular New Year's Resolutions Ideas
Now that you know how to keep your New Year’s resolution, I have created a list of some ideas for New Year’s resolution that will make you a better person in the coming year. Read over them and maybe you will find the best resolution for you.
- I will be more tolerant of others.
- I will learn something new.
- I will get a new job or make my present job better.
- I will get out of debt.
- I will read at least 10 new books.
- I will make my life a little more interesting every day.
- I will broaden my horizons so that I can experience more of what life has to offer.
- I will be more friendly to those people I may not know and hopefully make their day a little better.
- I will savor more moments of my life.
- I will go through my photographs to organize and mark down those people in them, otherwise when I die no one will know who is in the pictures or what they are of.
- I will follow through with projects I start.
- I will take a well deserved vacation this year.
- I will be honest in everything I do.
- I will show gratitude and appreciate for family and friends.
- I will do something good every day.
- I will make my bed every day so that every night I can come to a comforting place.
- I will start a collection of something I love.
- I will eat some type of green vegetables every day.
- I will make fitness a part of my life my exercising every day for at least 15 minutes.
- I will perform random acts of kindness so that someone will feel special.
- I will donate my time to a good cause.
I hope you were able to find a resolution for the New Year that you can not only keep but one that will make your life better. After all that is what a New Year’s resolution is all about. Best wishes for a healthy and happy New Year!