This has long been one of the most popular and most-requested meals in my house. We host the majority of our family parties, holidays, and other get-togethers at our house, and this is always a hit! Doesn't have to be summertime to have some really good barbecue. Try it out, and you will not be disappointed!
No-Fail Barbecue Beef Brisket
One 5 to 8 lb. Beef Brisket (trim some of the fat off, but not all of it)
Barbecue Sauce (a good Hickory Smoke flavor works, but you favorite is fine as well)
- After trimming some of the fat, rub the brisket down with a good amount of the onion powder, garlic powder and celery salt. Then place in a roasting pan.
- Pour ½ to ¾ bottle of the liquid smoke and ¾ bottle of the Worcestershire Sauce over the top of the meat.
- Cover the meat in the roasting pan with aluminum foil. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 12 hours (I usually let it sit overnight). Make sure to flip it at least once while marinating, and baste with the liquid after flipping.
- After it is finished marinating, place in the oven at 300°, still covered, and cook for 4 hours—turning once.
- After 4 hours, remove the brisket from the oven, and place it on a cutting board, but save the drippings—you’re gonna need those!
- While it is resting on a cutting board, pour about ½ of the drippings into a mixing bowl (discard the rest), and then add your barbecue sauce to the drippings. It’s your call on the amount of barbecue sauce to add…depends on your taste. I usually add at least ¾ of the bottle to mine. Mix the barbecue sauce and drippings together.
- Place the brisket back in that same roasting pan, and pour your barbecue mixture over the top of it.
- Place it back in the oven at 350°, and bake uncovered for another 30 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, and let it rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- Remember to slice across the grain. However, this brisket usually turns out so tender that slicing is futile…so you can also just pull it apart and serve.
Enjoy!! People will think you have spent all day with this brisket on the smoker…and you will get rave reviews!!
Amazon Price: Buy Now
(price as of Jun 11, 2015)