Oahu is a wonderful vacation destination. The weather is usually spectacular and the people are unbelievably friendly. Believe it or not, this is actually the “busy” island of the bunch. If you are traveling from a major city in the United States, you may think otherwise.
There are plenty of activities on Oahu to keep you busy throughout your vacation. Some of those activities are swimming with dolphins, snorkeling with rare fish, or kayaking to remote islands. However after a long day of activities, you are usually hungry and when on vacation, you want a tasty restaurant in Oahu!
Unfortunately, Waikiki, one of the most popular Oahu locations, is lacking in mid-priced restaurants. If you want a fantastic and cheap restaurant, you are best off looking else where, but there are still a few good spots. Honolulu, the city’s bustling center, had great restaurants for Oahu. Other than that, there are a few good restaurants throughout the North and West shore that are worth paying a visit.
Here is a list of restaurants in Oahu that are great options for your vacation meals:
- Yard House, located in Waikiki, next to the Royal Hawaiian – The Yard House is a great restaurant option for beer lovers. They boast of 50 plus beers on tap and not the boring beer. The Yard House carries many interesting micro brews and international beers. In addition, they offer a gluten free menu and have a great happy hour Monday through Friday from 2:00pm to 5:30pm. The happy hour can easily be made into a cheap dinner too with selected half priced pizzas and appetizers.
- Little Village Noodle House, located in Honolulu, near the Foster Botanic Garden – If you are craving Chinese food, but healthy Chinese food, then this is your restaurant. It has a small interior so if you are hungry make sure to avoid high traffic times. If you plan to pay this restaurant a visit, do not miss the pot stickers, hot and sour soup, or minute chicken fried noodle.
- Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck, located on the North Shore – If you want to experience a true Oahu restaurant, then you cannot miss this restaurant. Giovanni’s is one of the original shrimp trucks on Oahu and boasts some of the best shrimp combinations. The truck is covered in graffiti and if visiting around lunchtime, plan to wait in a line. The shrimp however will be fresh and spicy. It is well worth the wait! There are also a few seating options to enjoy your shrimp on.
- Hale’iwa Joe’s, located on the North Shore – If you have spent most of your day surfing or snorkeling along the North Shore’s pristine waters, then this restaurant should not be missed. Hale’iwa Joe’s is one of Oahu’s best fresh fish restaurants. It has a Hawaiian atmosphere and the service is friendly. The Cajun shrimp is fantastic along with some of the sandwich options for lunch. This restaurant also has some great specialty drinks that are served in pint glasses!
- Duke’s Restaurant and Barefoot Bar, located in Waikiki, next to the Westin’s Moana Surfrider – If fish tacos is what you are after, then do not pass by another restaurant. Duke’s Restaurant has one of the best locations of all the restaurants in Oahu. It over looks the ocean and sits right on the beach. The atmosphere can be loud and crowded so if you plan on getting a seat right away, make sure to get a reservation. Eating at the bar is an alternative, if you cannot wait. They have a great beer selection and their Bloody Mary’s could be found in any New York City bar.