How to Obtain Acne Free Skin
How to Obtain Acne Free Skin
Acne, also known as Acne vulgaris is a common skin condition characterized by small and large pimples or cysts on the face and neck and occasionally the body. The causes of acne can include bacteria, heredity, blockages or inflammation, harsh chemicals, harsh treatments and the increased production of sebum (oil produced from the sebaceous glands). A poor diet and stress can contribute to acne skin or at the very least make it much more difficult to obtain clear smooth and radiant skin.
Having skin with acne is very often an embarrassing issue for many which, can lead to social withdrawal, isolation and depression and can also be very physically painful.
Follow these tips to have acne free skin at every age so that you can look and feel your best.
Things You Will Need for Acne free skin:
- Balanced diet
- Hand washing
Diet and acne free skin:
Diet could play a role in obtaining acne free skin. Avoid processed foods and foods high in sugar as recent studies suggest that cultures with a low glycemic index show less acne in their populations. Include a well balanced diet of fresh fruits and fresh vegetables daily that are full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants for optimally healthy skin.
Exercise is important for acne free skin:
Include exercise into your daily routine which will assist in obtaining acne free skin from the increased blood flow and oxygen to the skin as well as sweating assists in opening the pores. Exercise also reduces stress which plays a contributing role in acne production.
Water as part of skin care:
Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily to help to keep clear acne free skin as toxins gets flushed out of the body.
Skincare for Acne Free Skin:
Wash the face, neck and body with natural, gentle skincare products as an important part of your beauty regime twice a day for acne free skin. Use a gentle, natural skin disinfectant cleanser with antiseptic properties such as tea tree oil to remove oils and bacteria from the skin.
Steam clean the face and neck by boiling a medium sized pot of water on the stove, gently and carefully place a towel around back of head and reach head near the steaming water. Turn the heat down so that the water is still steaming lightly. Do not get burned! The steam from the boiling water will help to open the pores which are a great way to clean them. Repeat a steam cleaning of the face every few days and at least weekly.
Always follow with a gentle moisturizer specifically targeted at oily or acne prone skin that includes vitamins B, E and tea tree oil which assists inflammation and kills bacteria. Tea tree oil is a gentle, natural product that will not dry or irritate the skin like benzoyl peroxide can. Avoid chemicals which irritate and cause additional damage to the skin.
*Avoid picking at pimples, blemishes, blackheads, whiteheads and cysts as the oil inside cannot be removed completely by picking and will only go back into the skin and cause more blemishes as well as scarring. Sit on hands or find ways to keep the hands occupied if you find yourself picking at the skin blemishes without thinking about it.
* Avoid harsh treatments such as chemical peels, lasers and equipment that aggravate the skin cells and is really unnecessary for the treatment of acne skin. Follow your own proper skincare regime and you will see improvement in acne skin.
* Moisturizers are needed for all skin types, especially oily skin much to the surprise of those with oily skin. Oil is different than moisture. When the body doesn't get added moisturizers, it will recognize any dryness and produce higher amounts of sebum (oil) which only adds to the problem of acne. Our bodies do not provide moisturizers and can only make sebum from the sebaceous glands. Use only a pea sized amount of a light moisturizer for acne prone skin and acne skin will be much improved in a relatively short amount of time.
Vitamins are important for acne free skin:
As part of a healthy diet, include a multi vitamin/mineral daily that contains Zinc as well as Vitamins A, B and E for acne free skin at every age. Zinc is an anti-inflammatory and the Vitamins inhibit sebaceous gland production of the oil - sebum. Vitamin A is also an anti-oxidant that naturally removes toxins from the skin and body.
Add fresh fruits and fresh vegetables to the diet daily to provide the best nutrition to acne skin and allow it to heal. Avoid processed and packaged foods that contain chemicals and unhealthy ingredients such as sugars. Study nutrition in foods so that you can add a healthy diet as part of obtaining acne free skin.
Avoid Harsh Treatments for acne free skin:
Avoid chemicals and harsh treatments which can exacerbate the problem of acne due to irritation, causing blockages, irritation and increasing inflammation. Microdermabrasion is a popular skincare treatment and should be used only if there are no chemical ingredients and many of these treatments can be done safely at home. See tips section below.
Hand Washing for acne free skin:
Keep hands clean with warm soapy water always before touching the face to avoid potentially adding additional bacteria to the skin. When touching the face, always use the back of the hand which doesn't usually carry any harmful bacteria like the palms of the hands do.
Follow a skincare and nutritional routine for acne free skin
Follow this pattern routinely for 4-6 months faithfully and you will begin to obtain acne free skin at every age. Many people have noticed vast improvements in as little as two weeks and all results will vary.
Tips & Warnings
- Be patient and gentle with your skin when washing and caring for acne skin. Allow the products to do the work and use small, gentle circular motions to increase the circulation of skin.
- Avoid chemicals, mineral oil, petroleum, parafin, parafin wax, alcohol, formaldehyde, artificial fragrance and animal by-products which will further dry out and damage acne prone skin
- Stay positive and smile - there is hope for obtaining acne free skin
- Wear an spf natural light makeup coverage or sheer foundation makeup to cover and hide acne until the skin is cleared
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should always consult your primary care physician
- Avoid picking/popping pimples/blemishes and cysts. You can never get all the oil/pustule out and more likely the oil re-enters the skin causing more breakouts.
Read more on acne free skin: