Because of the hazards of vehicle accidents, federal and state governments have required car owners to get auto insurance policies to prevent costly medical bills and repair expenses. This would have been a good idea to reduce the heavy financial obligations brought about by car accidents. Unfortunately, some problems started to surface concerning insurance policies and insurers. Below are some of these problems:
- The auto insurance policy is not enough to cover his expenses or that of the other party.
- The insurer refuses to reimburse the expenses of the policy-holder.
- The type of accident or collision is not covered by the car insurance policy terms.
The first point cannot be resolved through an insurance claim case because it is not the fault of the insurer that the car owner purchased an insufficient policy. Similarly, the third problem cannot be solved legally because insurance policies take into effect only under strict conditions, and nothing else. So among these three problems, only the second point can be resolved by legal means.
To solve a case like this, you will need a lawyer knowledgeable in handling insurance policy dispute cases. Some of the things you need to conduct to have a successful claim include:
- Gathering of police reports, documents, and records to prove the cause and circumstances of the vehicle accident â Driver fault is important because it indicates whether the owner's insurance policy would take effect or not. There are also some policies that do not cover certain driving accidents such as collision with a tree or a wall.
- Collecting of medical and repair bills â Seek medical help and conduct repairs right after the accident. In doing this you may estimate the total amount of damages you incurred because of the incident.
- Documenting of employment records, pay slips, or any evidence to prove that you failed to work for several days because of your injury â These papers and documents would prove your employment and salary rate. Lost salaries will also be compensated.
Remember to take note of these things in order to recover the compensation due to you. Some insurance companies even make alibis and present inaccurate information just to avoid paying their clients. You can make these insurers pay by filing a claim against them and pursuing your case in court. And with an experienced insurance coverage lawyer beside you, winning your claim is definitely within reach.