Many people are interested in using various diets to lose weight and detoxify their body. The two most used detox diet plans are the juice fast and the one week detox plan. Both have their pros and cons. In this article, I am going to go over the two diet plans and show the upsides and downsides of both.
Which is better? The One Week Detox Plan or the Juice Fasting (the master cleanse)?
In my opinion the juice fasting diet or master cleanse wins hands down. And here is the reason. The reason why we detoxify our bodies is to rid ourselves of toxins that we ingest in our food and drinks. A master cleanse works because we are able to shift the energy that we would normally use for digestion to the organs that actually handles the detoxification process. The actual act of digestion is very taxing on the body. And the more toxins we have in our body, the more our immune system gets suppressed and the more likely we are to come down with either sickness or disease.
The 3 day juice fast works because, other than a water fast, it is the least taxing on our digestive system. Proteins such as meats, eggs and cheese tax our bodies even further.
A 3 day juice fast works like this:
- You are only allowed to drink juices that are natural made...in other words, no store bought junk that is loaded with sugar. Vegetable juices are encouraged.
- The first day, your body is switching the load it would normally use for digestion to use for detoxification in the liver and kidneys. It will use up all the stores of energy pretty quickly and switch to burning from your fat stores.
- The first day, expect to feel a little sick late in the day. Your body is pulling the immediate toxins in your bloodstream from your body.
- The second day, when you body starts using your fat stores for energy, as it burns it, toxins will be released in your blood stream for your liver and kidneys to process. Most of the toxins in your body are stored in your fat.
- The third day, your body will be in a state of ketosis and continue burning fat which in turn will release toxins that your body will process.
Plus, your body will be less likely to reach the point where it can enter your fat stores and release the toxic build up as efficiently as with a master cleanse.
So, am I saying that the one week detox plan is bad? No. It is all a matter of what you can do. If you don't work a physical or demanding job, then I would recommend that you suck it up and do the 3 day juice fast as you will get more bang for your buck.
However, if your workplace requires a lot of energy expenditure and you are afraid of crashing, then the one week detox plan may be worth a go. You won't detox as efficiently but something is better than nothing, right?
For more great articles, check out this associatedcontent profile
Related Articles Written by This Author
Can You Lose Belly Fat in Minutes?
Calorie Shifting Explained
Caveman diet-what is it?
How to Lose Weight After 40