I have detail my journey to organic mascara in a couple posting on my web site. There is just no good way to tell what is in a lot of the products we put on our skin and hair unless you not only look at the ingredients and also become familiar with the contents themselves.
The ingredients in the natural organic mascara that I use is:
- Purified Water
- Alcohol Denat [Denatured Organic Ethanol]
- Stearic Acid, Cera Alba [Natural Beeswax]
- Cetearyl Alcohol [Coconut Derived Emulsifier]
- Kaolin, Sorbitan Olivate
- Panthenol [Vitamin B5]
- Urtica Dioica [Nettle] Extract
- Equisetum Arvense [Horsetail] Extract
- Tussilago Farfara [Coltsfoot] Extract
- Origanum Vulgare [Wild Marjoram] Extract
- Thymus Vulgaris Extract [Thyme Extract]
- Cinnamomum Zeylanicum [Cinnamon Bark] Extract
- Rosmarinus Officinalis [Rosemary] Extract
- Lavandula Angustifolia [Lavender Flower]
I assure you that I have done further research on these items and found them to be non-toxic to most everybody and gave me no reaction. This organic mascara uses natural products. That means that these were either grown or produced in nature...not by some mad scientist in a lab.
In my investigation and jouney to using natural makeup products I found that some mascaras used mercury as an ingredient. This was done as a preservative and also as means to kill bacteria. I appreciate those uses but I do not appreciate the fact that I may have been ingesting mercury through my skin when I wore mascara.
The natural beauty products of today should not contain those nasty chemicals. You and I as consumers need to be aware of the what we are buying to put on our bodies. We have been doing a pretty good job of eating better (or at least know when we are eating bad), now is the time we start getting educated about what we can now safely put ON our bodies. As you have see, I have decided to go the route of using organic mascara in that journey. I hope you will consider being more careful in your selection as well.