Get to know Osmania Medical College
Osmania Medical School offers both undergraduate and post graduate courses. The undergraduate courses include Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery, and Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT). There is a long list of post graduate courses. For MDs, they have Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cardiology, Physiology, Gastroenterology, Pharmacology, Neurology, Endocrinology, Pathology, Nephrology, and Forensic Medicine. Urology, Neurosurgery, Plastic Surgery and Cardiothoracic surgery is also offered for MCh (Master of Chirurgy). The MS (Master of Surgery) courses include Anatomy, Gynecology, Obstetrics, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Otorhinolaryngology (ENT), and Ophthalmology. Post diploma courses on Pediatrics, Anesthesiology, Ophthalmology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, and Otorhinolaryngology are also available.
The Doctor of Medicine and Master of Surgery courses last three years while the Post Graduate diploma courses run for two years.
The students are limited to 200 students a year for MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of surgery) and 50 students a year for BPT (Bachelor in Physiotherapy) so an entrance test called EAMCET organized by NTR University of Health Sciences is the basis to a student’s admission. Undergraduate applicants are required to have a 10+2 or the counterpart with subjects like Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Chemistry.
The Osmania Medical College provides its students services to enjoy while inside the campus. There are four big buildings that can accommodate students. Aside from the spacious auditorium, a football ground which also serves as a cricket ground, a tennis court, a volleyball court, and a table tennis room are also available. For outdoor activities, lighted basketball and badminton courts are also provided.
One unique thing about Osmania Medical College is that each one of its medical field has its own training hospital. It is the sole medical institution in India, or even the world, that has training hospitals for every specialty. This is the list of all their training hospitals.
1. Osmania General Hospital - specializes in Surgery, Medicine, Anesthesiology, Radiology, Orthopedic surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery
2. Sultan Bazaar Hospital, Government Maternity Hospital, - specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
3. Niloufer Hospital - specializes in , Neonatology, Obstetrics, maternal-fetal Medicine, Pediatrics
4. Mehdi Nawaz Jung Institute of Oncology - specializes in Oncology
5. Rural Health Centre, Patancheru
6. Modern Maternity Hospital, Petlaburz - specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
7. Government ENT Hospital - specializes in ENT disorders
8. Sarojini Devi Eye Hospital - specializes in Ophthalmology
9. The Mental Health Institution in Erragadda
10. Government Chest Hospital - specializes in Respiratory disorders like Pott’s disease and tuberculosis
11. Outreach hospitals all over Hyderabad
Osmania Medical College Summary
Osmania Medical College is one of the best medical educational institutions in Hyderabad, which was established in 1920. The College offers many medically inclined courses for those who want to have a profession in the medical field. For inquiries or additional information, you may call 040 – 24656992 and 24612107.