Hyperhidrosis or over sweating can be uncomfortable and down right embarrassing. Whether it's your hands, feet, head, or underarms, sweating can kill your confidence in any social situation. Also, over sweating can cause a foul odor that is just unhealthy.
Here are the top 3 reasons why people hate over sweating:
1. Excessive sweating can make a person smell awful! You may experience this awful smell by being the unlucky person who gets to sit beside him on a bus or shake his sweaty hand. Everyone has experienced this kind of situation and everyone hates it.
2. Over sweating can cause you to have to constantly bathe or change your clothing. Also, you'll have to do more laundry from constantly changing your clothes.
3. Sweating problems can cause you to spend more on essentials like soaps, antiperspirant, and creams. This condition may require specialty products to keep your sweat glands under control.
Given all the negative facts above, you may now be convinced that over excessive sweating needs to be stopped! Here are some methods how to stop over sweating:
1. Thoracic Surgery. This invasive surgery will remove your sweat glands so that you will no longer have sweating problems. This surgery cannot be administered to all people with sweating disorder. Factors such as age, medical condition, and the patient's overall health are important criteria in determining whether thoracic surgery is possible.
2. Botox or Botulinum toxin injection. This method is like a nerve tranquilizer that will shut down sweat ducts for a limited time span and may last for 6 months or so. This method is less invasive, but you will need to undergo several treatments to a maintain it's effectiveness.
These two methods of stopping over sweating problems really are promising but they are not without side effects. As mentioned, Botox need to be
reinforced by another Botox session before the effect expires. Otherwise you will not
continue to experience sweat relief. Thoracic surgery has its fair
share of side effects too. One of those side effects is that a person who
undergoes this surgery may suffer excessive sweating on other parts of the body
in exchange for a sweat free part where the sweat ducts have been removed.
Example, too much sweating in the back may be experienced when the sweat ducts
are removed in the underarm area. So, there are solutions to over sweating, but each option has a downside. Remember to consult your physician, before choosing a way to deal with your sweating problems.