Are you having signs of anxiety attacks? Yes, you could be experiencing these symptoms but are unaware of it. Feeling irritated or frightened when there is nothing to be afraid of, heart palpitation and insomnia are only two of many symptoms that manifest as an anxiety attack. It is best to look for techniques that will help you relieve those feelings. The way people lead their lives today is a big factor as to why they are experiencing anxiety.
This illness can disrupt your normal life and even your family and community if not controlled. When anxiety hinders your normal life, it is best to seek professional help right away to alleviate your feelings and get things back to normal. There are available steps and techniques that help lessen and control anxiety attacks and could be the one that suits you well since some medications prescribed are suggested for only short term use.
- Using relaxation technique: stress is one factor that triggers anxiety attack and one way of preventing stress is to do exercise, yoga and meditation to help your body and mind become relaxed and calm. Doing this relaxation technique for 30 minutes every day will help relieve muscle tension that lessens anxiety.
- Stay positive: overcoming anxiety is staying positive in your life. Control your thoughts by thinking positive in your outlook in life and don’t entertain negative thoughts as this may worsen your feelings of depression. Positive affirmation such as “I can handle things my way” helps to alleviate anxious feelings.
- Accept uncertainties: not being able to embrace uncertainties lead many people to anxiety. If you want to overcome anxiety, you need to accept that uncertainties are just part of living in this world. Unpredictable things are bound to happen and that worrying about it could only strengthen the feeling of anxiety over what future brings.
- Participate in sport activities: involving yourself in fun activities and sports helps you overcome anxiety. Have fun and discover new friendships as you get involved in sports. This will help you gain confidence and enhances self-esteem.
- Allow worries at a certain level: it is but normal to allow worries to set in but avoid dwelling too long on negative thoughts. Declaring your worries helps release emotional tensions but only up to a certain level. You should learn when to stop worrying and controlling your emotions as well to prevent strengthening anxiety.
- Get a support system: a support system of family and friends is a big help to beat anxiety. Having someone you trust that you can talk to about your feelings helps a lot to stop the feeling of anxiety. Talk with someone that can look at anxiety objectively to help you to be more in control of yourself with this predicament.
- Seek professional help: when you feel that anxiety has taken over your life and impairing your normal activities or that it is affecting your family and community, it is best to seek professional help. A Psychiatrist and Psychologist would greatly help you overcome anxiety along with some therapy and medications that your doctor can prescribe.
Always talk with your trusted doctor about how you feel. Medication could be a short term answer that combined with other helpful techniques could calms and relax your mind and body to prevent anxiety.