I'm a huge advocate of healthy eating, and for a very long time I've generally followed a relatively low carbohydrate diet. Over the last few months I've taken up Crossfit as my exercise of choice and as a result have been heavily exposed to the Paleo diet.
In this recipe I will show you how to make Paleo Chili. It is basic, but extremely delicious. I have honestly been eating it for the last three weeks; making a pot every Monday.
While the Paleo diet calls for everything to be organic, if I can't find an organic version I will use the regular version. A lot of Paleo enthusiasts are very anal about sticking to the diet down to a T, but honestly, I can't always find everything organic, and I'm not going to stress over something here and there.
Things you will need to make Paleo Chili
- 1 Large Crock Pot
- 750g Organic extra lean ground beef
- 500g Organic ground Chicken
- 2 diced organic chicken breasts
- 2 750ml cans crushed tomatoes (no sugar added)
- 1 125ml can of tomato paste (no sugar added)
- 2 large white onions chopped up (organic)
- 2 jalapenos (organic)
- 10-20 mexican finger peppers (organic)
- 1 500ml Can Kidney beans (washed)
- 1 500ml Can Black beans (washed)
- 4-5 Heaping tablespoons crushed organic garlic
- Dash of hot sauce
How to Make the Paleo Chili
Simply take all the ingredients and throw them in the crock pot.
Stir everthing together very well so that it is well mixed
Turn the crock pot on high and cook for two hours stirring occasionally.
After 2 hours is up, reduce the heat to low on the crock pot and cook for an additional 10 hours.
Thats is it! My serving size is just over a cup and I get about 12 servings out of this, and it costs me roughly $25 per pot. That is just over $2 a serving. Not bad for a protein packed meal.
That is it! Happy healthy Paleo eating folks!
This is a test of the autosave, this is a test of the auto save, lala, this is a test of the what, what.... new window