As adults, most of the time, you’ll find that you’re cooking for yourself and loved ones. Ranging between your spouse, children, parents and friends, the majority of meals that we put together need to consider a wide range of food preferences.
Luckily, pasta recipes are plentiful, and adaptable- it only takes a little bit of creativity, which we can help you sort out.
To start with, let’s take a look at the pickiest eaters of them all: the children, of course! For kids, you need to make sure that the Pasta is visually appealing, dotted with varying colors if possible. It also needs to taste great. For the parents however, some measure of nutrition must be present, so the recipe for pasta must have vegetables.
Here are our recommendations for easy pasta recipes that kids (and parents alike) will adore:
- Three Cheese Veggie Mac and Cheese- It's seriously difficult to make something as delightfully cheesy as Mac and Cheese taste bad, so the kids will definitely love it! This recipe has got something for mom and dad too- it’s brimming with vegetables.
- Alfredo Broccoli with Chicken- Lean chicken breast is the choice protein for this easy pasta recipe, which not only tastes great, but also encourages kids to eat broccoli. Cleverly masked in Alfredo Sauce, your children will willingly gobble it up.
- Thai Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry-The understated sweetness of Asian noodles is a sure winner amongst even the pickiest of eaters. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts and a full package of vegetables keep this tasty dish well balanced.
It’s safe to say that most people are now friends with at least one vegetarian. Pasta is a great option for our herbivorous friends because it is filling and doesn’t require meat to taste great! Consider one of these easy pasta recipes the next time you're feeding your vegetarian friends:
- Baked Ziti- Dressed in a tasty tomato and basil sauce, it will be difficult for carnivores and vegetarians alike to resist this delicious and simple pasta dish. Ricotta cheese is the star in this recipe, rounding out the bake with a smooth and delectable creaminess that can't be beat.
- Creamy Pasta Pomodoro- The simplicity of the ingredients in this recipe for pasta is simply divine! Chopped tomatoes, garlic and basil leaves lend their sublime flavor and freshness to a velvety Alfredo pasta that’s been seasoned with Black pepper for a drool worthy, vegetarian entrée.
- Springtime Noodles Alfredo-Everyone loves a rich Alfredo sauce, and in this recipe, it’s made oh-so-special with the addition of zucchini, carrots, peas and dill. Vegetarians and meat eaters alike will rave over the combination!
We all want to stay healthy, and consuming lean proteins and vegetables, as often as possible, is a smart and delicious choice.
- Easy Chicken Cacciatore- By using skinless, lean chicken breasts and opting for a tomato based sauce, rather than cream, we can enjoy (without guilt) a divine combination of oregano, garlic and tomatoes in this classic Italian dish.
- Lentil & Pasta Stew- This easy pasta recipe doubles as a soup, and is full of deliciously healthy ingredients, like carrots, celery and lentils. A tomato-based sauce, seasoned with chicken flavored bouillon keeps the flavor intensely delicious.
- Grilled Chicken & Vegetable Tacos- Tacos are one of the easiest, most flavorful meal options out there. They’re supremely adaptable too, as tortillas can be a canvas for just about any filling. Here, bell peppers and a satisfying dollop of sour cream complement tender grilled chicken that’s been seasoned with garlic and cumin.
Feeding a diverse crowd can at first seem challenging, but with a combination of creativity, inspiration and preparedness, a Pasta dish can easily appease the whole family!