What you will need
6 cups chicken stock
3 tablespooons of olive oil
2 cloves of fresh garlic (crushed)
2 small red chillies (crushed with garlic)
1 onion (chopped)
1/4 of a red capsicum (finely sliced)
2 cups arborio rice
1/2 cup of fresh (or frozen) peas
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup of freshly chopped roma tomatoes
14 fresh (raw) prawns, seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika (prawns can be chopped or used whole, depending on your personal taste)
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/4 cup of freshly chopped shallots
lemon wedges to serve
Serves: 4 people
1. Place the stock in a lidded saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer
2. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil, onion, chilli, capsicum, and garlic, and cook until the onion is golden in colour.
3. Stir in the rice, tomatoes and the tomato paste and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Gradually add cups of the hot stock to the rice, stirring continuously, until each coup of chicken stock is absorbed into the rice, and the rice becomes al dente.
5. Add the fresh prawns and cook until crispy and cooked through.
6. Add the shallots, peas, and parsley.
7. Serve onto plater and garnish with lemon wedges, and parsley sprigs
preparation time: 15 minutes
cooking time: 25 -30 minutes
Share your thoughts and recipe favourites below!
Check out this FREE preview of this excellent recipe book!
Amazon Price: $19.94 $16.82 Buy Now
(price as of Jul 17, 2013)