Who does not want to have a blemish-free face? Everybody wants that most especially those who are suffering from rosacea. Luckily, there is what we call the Photoderm rosacea treatment that dermatologists often recommend their patients. In this article, you will learn about:
- The treatment
- Some points for the Photoderm practitioner and
- Guidelines for those who want to undergo the treatment
It is important that you are familiar with the treatment you are going through. Prepare yourself by doing research and finding out what it is, some points for your doctor, and the guidelines for you.
Photoderm rosacea treatment is a treatment that involves using intense pulse light to remove the malfunctioning blood vessels in your face. As you may not know it, the blood vessels in your face cause the redness and the pustules to appear. Your blood vessels may react differently to anything that passes through the blood stream or become dilated. This, in turn, contributes to the swelling, redness, and blemishes. The aim of the treatment is to remove the dilated and malfunctioning blood vessels and improve them. The detached blood vessels will be replaced with another one to resume the normal working condition of your vessels. Very promising, right?
However, this treatment or procedure is still in its initial stage. There is so much to learn and discover about this treatment that other practitioners are not aware of them yet. Below are the tips of the Photoderm experts:
- Do not stop after just a few treatments or sessions. These sessions were only able to remove the broken vessels and were not able to repair them yet. You will not see improvements in this stage yet so do not halt the sessions.
- There is no specific setting that works every time for every one as the settings change per session and per person. Skin tone, thickness of the skin, type and depth of the vessels should all be considered for the procedure. It is also important that your practitioner deals with the broken vessels aggressively.
- Smaller crystals should be used when treating the nose area. Using these will help your doctor cover more areas of your nose.
- Focus under the tips of the nose or on the sides if the nose is being treated.
- Do not place the crystals near the eye area of the patient. This will cause swelling.
It is important that you follow the guidelines if you wish to undergo the procedure:
- Do not let anyone perform the procedure if you are not comfortable with that person.
- Ask as many questions as possible.
- Inquire if there are other options available or if this treatment is right for you.
- Find out if your practitioner already performed many procedures or has tried the procedure with a large number of people.
If your Photoderm rosacea treatment passed the requirements above and was able to answer your questions, you can go through with the treatment only if your doctor tells you that this treatment is right for you. There is so much more to learn about rosacea and the Photoderm rosacea treatment. Just look for authority sites on this topic and get as many information as you want. Good luck!