In Islam,we do celebrate Hari Raya Aidilfitri and it was the biggest celebration in Malaysia. On that day,everybody will wear a new clothes,do our prayer and visit each other. But,the main thing that was remark on the day was the food served especially Hari Raya cookies. There are many types of cookies that we served during Hari Raya but the well known one was pineapple tart.
Pineapple tart is a cookie made with pineapple jam on a soft and buttery crust. There are few varients which you can find by GOOGLING it. But,in Malaysia,we used to make the pineapple jam fully enclosed in the crust. It was so nice that we never get enough of it. So,here i'm gonna share the recipe of delicious pineapple tart.
1. 350g butter
2. 100g condensed milk
3. 500g plain flour
4. 2 egg yolks
5. 500g store-bought pineapple fillings
1. 1 egg yolk added with 1 teaspoon milk
That is all we need. Now for the direction:
1. Mixed butter and condensed milk in an electric mixer. Add egg yolk one at a time
2. Add flour and continue mixing it until it form a soft dough
3. Pre heat the oven at 180 degree celcius
4. Take one atblespoon pastry and roll in into a small ball. Then,flattened in using your palms
5. Add one teaspoon pineapple filling on the flattened pastry and then wraped it. Roll into ball.
6. Arranged them in a baking tray.
7. Gaze with egg wash.
8. Bake the pineapple tart for 18-20 minutes untill the pasrty being golden brown.
Take note that if you want to make your pineapple tart look more delicious and full of effort,you can use a ruller to make line on your pineapple tart. That will give you a stunning and mouth watering pineapple tart. Eventhough many people nowadays choose to buy it rather than meke it themselves,but it was never be the same like you make. So,give a shot and try it yourself!