Many car owners treat their vehicles like their pets. They wash them every week and check for defects, damages, and other things that need replacement. They also see to it that they take care of their automobiles when driving them on the road. These actions may sound disturbing, but they really help in keeping the vehicle safe from auto defects.
According to statistics around 20 percent of all vehicle accidents are caused by auto vehicle defects. And like any kind of accident, vehicle collisions caused by auto defects result to a wide range of possible injuries. If you also own a vehicle and you want to ensure your safety, take the following actions:
- Let an automotive expert inspect your vehicle every once in a while.
- Check your brakes before driving the car out.
- Check if safety features such as seatbelts and airbags work properly.
- Inspect the tires to prevent blowouts.
- Minimize custom modifications.
These are just some of the factors you need to consider if you do not want to encounter a vehicle accident because of an auto defect. But if you do, you should know where and how to get help. You can hire a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer to find a solution to your medical and property costs. If the auto manufacturer is found negligent in the production of car parts, it would be required to pay for your damages. Some of the things it may compensate include:
- Medical and property costs
- Lost wages due to temporary disability
- Pain and suffering because of the injury
In order to have higher chances of winning a car accident lawsuit, you should prepare enough evidence against the manufacturer. However, there are also certain situations wherein you would not be able to obtain reimbursement for your damages:
- The defect was not present the moment you bought the vehicle.
- The accident was caused by your own recklessness.
- You failed to follow certain rules and directions for car operations and safety.
If one of these points applies to your situation, you cannot hire an Los Angeles personal injury attorney and file a claim against the manufacturer. You just have to deal with the entire problem yourself. To avoid this, you should become a responsible driver not only on the road, but also in maintaining your vehicle. If you perform these checkups regularly, there is a higher possibility that you would not be involved in any defect-related accident.