There are several popular Key West vacation resorts to choose from when you visit this historic southern town. Many times visitors to Florida on vacation decide not to take the trip to the keys because it seems like such a great distance. The trip by car, boat or plane is well worth it. A glorious area with blue and tourquoise vistas abound everywhere. Great southern hospitality and unforgettable moments are assured, that will last a lifetime. Visit Hemingway’s home, tour their history and art museums before sauntering over to the Sunset Pier for comedy, dancing and live music while enjoying the nightly sunset ritual.
- Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa. This is one of Key West’s all inclusive resorts that makes you feel like royalty. This restful retreat offers hospitality and overall service that is incomparable. Reminiscent of the Old Florida architecture and the mystique of Hemingway’s presence you will be delighted with their impeccable blend of modern and traditional decor. Each of the 118 have private balconies and pampering amenities like robes, flat screen televisions, home stereo systems, and deluxe bathroom items. On sight dining at the American Seafood Grill and Blue Mojito Bar and Grill can also be enjoyed in the privacy of your room. 601 Front St., Key West, FL 33040, (305) 809-1234.
- The Reach-Waldorf Astoria Key West. The feeling of Mediterranean ambiance combined with a refined cultural setting is plainly felt. Waterfront views in the Old Town area of Key West vibrates with a compelling nightlife and favorite attractions. Enjoy the resorts all inclusive activities like golf, spa services, dining and an assortment of water sports. 1435 Simonton St., Key West, FL 33040, (888)318-4316.
- La Mer Hotel and Dewey House Bed and Breakfast. Key West’s award-winning oceanside boutique hotels located in Historic Old Town has a nostalgic turn-of-the-century appeal. They offer spa services, fitness gym, yoga on the beach, lawn games like croquet and ladder golf and dining in the Southernmost Beach Café. 19 elegant suites amidst lush tropical gardens, vibrantly colorful flowers and tall palms make this a charming and homey place to stay while exploring Key West. (800) 354-4455.
- Casa Marina-Waldorf Astoria Key West. Located near the Key West International Airport, this serene resort combines contemporary luxury with southern Old Florida ambiance. This resort is located on the largest private beach in Key West which appeals to many high-profile celebrities and wealthy entrepreneurs. Eat at the Sun-Sun Beach Bar and Grill nestled on the beach and in between two tropical pools. This resort is used for large events with an 11,000 square foot conference area that fits 500 guests. 1500 Reynolds St., Key West, FL 33040, (305) 296-3535.
- The Westin Key West Resort and Marina. The Westin Key is a AAA four diamond all inclusive resort. Located at the west end of Sunset Pier in Old Town and close to museums, shopping and eateries on Duval Street, it is listed as one of the top 25 “Mainland US Small Resorts” from the 2010 Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards. Sunset Pier and Bistro 245 are two of the masterful culinary dining experiences at the resort. 245 Front Street, Key West, FL 33040, (866) 841-3700.