A powerful little tablet that can compete with the big boys
What is a Kindle Fire?
The Kindle Fire is a tablet produced by Amazon. It is a multi-touch, full-color version of their Kindle Ebook reader that can be used for many different purposes. It is available with your choice of a 7" or a 8.9" screen. It runs on a version of Google's Android software and has many of the same features and app availability that you would expect to find in any 7" tablet. It is an entry-level device to be sure, but it can handle apps like any other and is good for games, social media, browsing and any of the main tasks that people use their tablets for.
Best reasons to buy a Kindle Fire
The single best reason to buy a kindle fire in my opinion is the price, at $159 for the 7" 8GB model, it's far cheaper than it's closest competitors. With the Nexus 7 priced at $255, and the ipad mini ringing in a $399, it's easy to see why this little tablet has gained popularity early on. It's nearly $100 cheaper than the Nexus 7! Ipad is off the charts compared to this thing. Now, the Nexus 7 and Ipad mini both have many, many more apps available than the Kindle Fire but who cares? With the basics like browsers, calendars, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter covered you'll be having lots of fun with this thing before you even notice that there's less apps.
Here are some more reasons to buy a Kindle Fire HD
- It has a USB port - Unlike the ipad mini, this thing has a super handy usb port right on the side that makes it easy to transfer files to a flash drive or computer.
- It's small size - There's something simple and satisfying about a 7" tablet. It fits in the hand easily and is a breeze to type on.
- Dual stereo speakers with Dolby sound - It sounds good, it's actually the first tablet to sport dual stereo speakers with Dolby plus. You may find yourself listening to music sans headphones
- HDMI output - Streaming video from your tablet = awesome.
- High-quality Wifi - 2 antennas and 2.4GHz means that you're unlikely to lose your wifi signal.
- "Freetime" parental controls - For parents, this is going to be the best reason to buy a Kindle Fire. Parents can control how much tie their kids spend playing games or surfing on the internet. When their time is up the screen turns blue that that's it, they're done. Onto old-fashioned playing outside!
Amazon Price: $39.99 $5.99 Buy Now
(price as of Jan 9, 2014)
This budget competitor for the Ipad and Nexus tablets packs a major punch for it's price. How can Amazon sell the Kindle Fire so cheap? I'm not sure, but who cares? It's a great deal for anybody who is looking for an entry-level tablet. Especially if you want something for your children and want to maintain control over how much time they're spending on it. There are also lots of great accessories available for the Kindle Fire.
Buying Kindle Fire is as easy as buying any other tablet. Of course it's available on Amazon's site, but this device is also available in stores around the country. There are tons of great reasons to buy this little tablet, and I'm sure that your family will love this device as much as you will love having that extra $240 you saved by not getting an Ipad!
Amazon Price: $329.00 $289.00 Buy Now
(price as of Jan 9, 2014)