Homemade Ranch Dressing
Let's face it. Store bought Ranch Dressing sucks. It's no good. It's entirely too sweet. Restaurant ranch dressing is awesome. Why is that? Well, they make their own. You can too. It's easy. So easy you'll never buy ranch dressing again.
What you'll need…
- One clove garlic
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2tbsp fresh chive
- 1/2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise (Bama, Hellman's, Duke's)
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Dash Tabasco
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Horseradish (Optional)
And now we prep…
- Get the clove of garlic smash with the flat of your knife and dice. Then sprinkle with kosher salt and with the flat of your knife rub it into paste. Set aside. You want to be very easy with the garlic. This is an example of" less is more". This garlic is raw and is very potent. Its effect on the flavor of your dressing will increase over time.
- Get fresh flat leaf parsley and fine chop. Set aside.
- Fine chop your chive. Set aside
- Fine chop your dill. Set aside
- Okay. Throw all that wonderful green stuff and as much garlic as you are comfortable with into a mixing bowl.
- Add mayo (not MIRACLE WHIP) and sour cream to the herb mixture. The ratio of mayo to sour cream is not hard and fast. Play with it to get your dressing perfectly suited to your taste. You're the one eating it.
- Add Salt and Pepper and a dash of Tabasco sauce
- Mix all that good stuff together. You want it smooth.
Stop right here. You now have an awesome dipping sauce for veggies. This is also the point you can add a little horseradish to kick your dip up a notch.
If you want to make a dressing, all you have to do is add buttermilk until it reaches your desired consistency. Store in the refrigerator. It's best if you let it sit a while to let the flavors blend before use.
Done! See how easy that was? Homemade ranch dressing that will knock the socks off anything that can be bought at the store!
Ya'll be good at it!