Often it can be a nuisance when looking for an all natural skin care product for oily and combination skin. This is usually because many of the products made for this skin type are usually laden with chemicals to lessen the amount of natural oil on the skin; help prevent acne. However, there is no need to buy a facial moisturizer like that when anyone can easily make one. The recipe for this homemade moisturizer is great for both combination and oily skin because it allows the user to control how much is applied and the products are so light that they won't clog the pores and cause acne or blackheads.
What You'll Need:
- 1 bottle of jojoba oil
- 1 aloe vera leaf
If you cannot find an aloe vera leaf at your local grocery store, then you can substitute it with lily of the desert aloe vera juice and the lily ofthe desert aloe vera gelly. They can be found at both whole foods or other organic food stores. You can also purchase the products online.
Instructions with Aloe Vera Leaf:
- Wash your hands and the aloe vera leaf
- Cut the aloe vera leaf in half
- Look at the middle of the leaf where it was cut
- Slice the skin off of the gel inside
- Put the gel into a blender and blend until smooth
- Mash the gel in a bowl by hand until it is smooth if you do not have a blender
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the aloe vera gel into another bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil
- Mix well
Make sure to place in the refrigerator. This mixture will only last 7 days at the most. To make it last longer you'll need to add crushed vitamin c tablets to the mixture.
Instructions with Alternative:
- Add 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gelly to bowl
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of jojoba oil
- Add 2 teaspoons of aloe vera juice
- Mix well
For both mixtures add more aloe vera gel or gelly if you want the consistency thicker. But if you want the consistence to have more oil just add more jojoba oil. This also applies to making the consistence thinner; add less aloe vera gel or gelly, or jojoba oil. Also, it is best to keep watch over how much jojoba oil is used because if too much is used it can clog the pores. For the second mixture it is important to add at least 1/3 a teaspoon of aloe vera juice to the mixture for every full teaspoon of gel, gelly, or oil that is added.
Directions for best application results:
- Wash and exfoliate skin
- While skin is damp use apply acne medication (optional)
- While skin is damp apply mixture lightly and sparingly
- Add more as needed
- If you have combination skin, then apply sparingly and lightly over oily areas of skin and areas with large pores.
This natural facial moisturizer skin care recipe is great for all skin types. But it is especially great for oily and combination skin types because of the benefits that it brings with it. Also, for many, after learning how to make a natural skin care product, it is easier to add other things that they may want inside the product.