Below are the few steps that guides you how to recipe potato chip cookies. As we all know these are very tasty and always seem to be in the bags of the children.
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees and assemble all utensils and ingredients
2. In large mixing bowl cream or mix together 1 cup of softened butter or margerine with 1/2 cup of sugar.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix well.
4. Stir into the butter, sugar and vanilla mixture, 1 cup of crushed potato chips or 1/2 cup of potato chips and 1/2 cup of pecans. Mix well.
5. Stir 2 cups and 2 Tablespoons of flour into the sugar, butter, vanilla and potato chip mixture. Mix well.
6. Take piece of cookie dough and roll in hand to form a small ball. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Continue rolling cookie dough into balls and placing on ungreased cookie sheet. If using a standard size cookie sheet you should be able to get 12 balls on it.
8. Using a fork flatten all balls on cookie sheet.
9. Using oven mitt or hot pad place cookie sheet in preheated 350 degree oven. Set timer for 15 mins. You may have to add or subtract a minute or two depending on accuracy of oven temperature.
10. When timer goes off or 15 min, is up using oven mitt or hot pad remove cookies from oven and using spatula place cookies on wire rack or wax paper spread out on counter or table to cool.
11. Repeat steps 6 thru 10 until all cookie dough is used.
12. While cookies are still slightly warm sprinkle tops of cookies with powdered sugar.
13. Stove, mixing bowl. Measuring cup and measuring spoon, cookie sheet. spatula, large spoon to mix with, wire rack or wax paper, oven mitt or hot pads and ingredients of butter or margerine, sugar, vanilla, flour potato chips, pecans, powdered sugar
14. These cookies are a crunchy cookie not soft. Assemble all ingredients before you start. Let butter or margerine sit on counter or table until softened. Assemble all bowls and utensils before starting. Pre heat oven temperature at 350 degrees.
15. Use caution when using a hot oven. Use oven mitt or hot pad when removing cookie sheet from oven and when handling hot cookie sheet. Place hot pad on counter top or table before placing hot cookie sheet on it.