In my article on Residual Online Income using Infobarrel, I discussed how there are several ways of earning money and how sites like Infobarrel are probably the best of them. This is true specially in the light of possibility of residual income that Infobarrel provides. There are some other ways of earning residual or partially-passive income and WebAnswers is one of them.
Basically, WebAnswers is a website which provides you Adsense share in the content viewed on the pages where you have your answers. Let me elaborateâ€¦ rather let me list in very simple and lucid language the ways in which you can earn through WebAnswers.com
- Sign up on www.WebAnswers.com
- Go to the listings of questions on the website and answer them to the best of your ability.
- Answer only those questions which you think you can answer well and in detail.
- Try to give complete and sufficient answers to the questions. Also, try to keep the quality of English high. Especially the grammar, spelling and punctuations should be correct.
- You can also ask questions once in a while. Try to keep your questions well worded and if possible, keyword rich and descriptive enough.
- WebAnswers.com assigns a score called quality score which depends largely upon the grammar, spelling and punctuation of sentences and the length and quality of answers.
- For each question you answer, advertisements from your Google Adsense account are shown certain percent of time and at other times Adsense from other answerersâ€™ or questionerâ€™s account are shown. So, you kind of end up splitting the money several ways. This is true of â€œopenâ€ and â€œunawardedâ€ questions.
- For questions that have been â€œawardedâ€, the awardee gets 60% of the Adsense share while the remaining 40% is kept by WebAnswers.com. By â€œawardedâ€ answers we mean the answers which have been chosen as the most useful by the person who asked the question.
This, in short, is how the simple platform of WebAnswers.com can be used to accrue residual income.
What do we mean by residual income here?
By residual income, I donâ€™t imply passive income. Working on WebAnswers.com is far from a passive activity. It is, however a great way to create some easy web-estate. You are sowing some plants today that will not only reap you benefits today, but for a long time to come. Though youâ€™ll need to put in considerable initial effort and consistently answer questions in a helpful manner, youâ€™ll see the effects of your work not only today, but several weeks or even months down the line. If you put in one month of hard work (and that would mean answering at least 20-30 answers per day on a consistent basis and with high quality), and then you are unable to work the next month, youâ€™ll see the Adsense revenue trickle in several months after that, though it may drop off after some time.
Advantages of joining WebAnswers.com
- Do you have some time spare while youâ€™re waiting for dinner .. or maybe you have some moments free after youâ€™ve done the laundry and before your baby wakes up from her nap? Well, if you do, you can utilize that time in answering a question or two. So yes, the biggest advantage of WebAnswers.com is that it does not take too much of your time. You can do it for ten minutes or for thirty or for one hour. No commitment. No deadlines. Residual (and sometimes passive) income! Thatâ€™s a good enough deal, right?
- Unlike article based revenue sharing sites, you donâ€™t have do too much keyword optimization and back linking in order to drive traffic to your content. As it is, there is already enough traffic of people who are there answering questions to create impressions and clicks and also so many people end up there trying to find answers to their questions.
Disadvantages of WebAnswers.com
- If you canâ€™t drive traffic to your awarded questions or if your awarded questions donâ€™t have natural traffic of their own, you earn pretty little.
- You share your money with several people, so if you donâ€™t have huge number of words out there, your earning potential is pretty little.
- Â For every question which is awarded to some other member of the website, and where you also invested your precious time giving â€œqualityâ€ answers, you lose out on the revenue forever. However, your efforts donâ€™t actually go all the way down the drain. Each well written answer has a positive effect on your quality score, thus helping you earn a higher share in the revenue and helps you get more impressions from the impressions pool.
Even if you are a full time writer and write for other Adsense sharing website and freelance for upfront money, you can just take on WebAnswers.com as a side gig. Just pop in to answer a few interesting and fun questions and take home some booty. All you need is a free registration on WebAnswers.com, a Google Adsense account and some basic knowledge about topics of your choice.