Kids eat free restaurants in California are found in several cities statewide. This can be helpful when taking a family vacation or short weekend getaway. It’s worth it to research aspects of a trip and find out where you can easily save a few bucks. Some of these restaurants in California where kids eat free may only offer this deal for breakfast or lunch, so be sure and call ahead.
1. El Toritos. Kids eat free every Wednesday. Children 12 or under can get Mexican rice or French fries, fresh fruit and a sundae for dessert. There are several locations in California, parents will love the variety of Mexican cuisine. Call your favorite El Toritos or check out their website for special offers, coupons or time limited discounts.
2. Coco’s Bakery Restaurant is plentiful in several California locations. A scrumptious kids eat free restaurant. Children 10 or less eat free after 4 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday. The menu is extensive for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Check out the main website and plan your trip around it. Warning-the pictures are gorgeous and mouth-watering.
3. Lone Star Steakhouse has a kids eat free special promotion. Texas style burgers and steaks for big appetites. Kids eat free on Tuesdays. They may have separate offers and discounts on their website.
4. Ruby’s Diner. Their kid’s club has a classic model car gift for joining, also coloring book and activities to keep the kiddies happy. Free kid’s meals are normally after 4 p.m. on Tuesdays, but may vary so call ahead after perusing the main website.
5. Palapas Restaurant y Cantina. Everything is made from scratch and is fresh and tasty--healthy dishes with no animal fat or lard. One child eats for free after 5 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. 21 Seascape Village, Santa Cruz, CA 95003. Reservations recommended: (831) 662-9000.
6. Rodrigo’s. Indoor and outdoor patio dining with a full bar and exquisite old Mexico atmosphere with music and great service. On Tuesday two children can eat free with an adult entrée. This is a classy place with some of the best Mexican appetizers, drinks and meals around. 39562 Winchester Rd., Temecula, CA 92591, (951) 506-4191.
7. Rubino’s Ristorante. Award-winning Italian cuisine with a buffet, Tuesday thru Friday for $9.95. Children 12 and under eat free on Tuesdays. 5015 Pacific St., Rocklin, CA 95677. (916) 624-3401.
8. Lucille’s BBQ. California has several of these smokehouse establishments. Tuesday kids can eat free with an adult purchase. Find the locator on their website and make a reservation.
9. Sharky’s Woodfire Mexican Grill. There are many of these restaurants in California. Be sure and look up their information and call about the most recent “kids eat free” deals they’re offering to drag the whole family in.
10. Johnny Rockets. There’s a bunch of these around; one child eats free on Wednesday with an adult meal and beverage purchase. Kids love this place and parent’s will enjoy the nostalgia of old-fashioned shakes, fries and hamburgers, it’s their 25th anniversary. Locate one that’s convenient.