The North Fork Craft Beer BBQ & Wine Festival is held annually in August on Long Island. We went this year and it was held August 13, 2011. It was located at the Martha Clara Vineyards in Jamesport, NY. This year it was sold out, as it was last year.
Review of North Fork Beer, BBQ and Wine Festival
The North Fork Beer BBQ and Wine Festival is held at Martha Clara Vineyards in Jamesport. The vineyard is beautiful and big enough to hold this event.
There was tons of beer. They had over 50 vendors and each vendor had a couple different brews of beer.
The BBQ was delicious. You will probably end up buying more food than is included in the price of admission. They give you a voucher when you enter the festival for a bbq sandwich and a choice of side. You can choose from either a pulled pork sandwich or a chicken sandwich. The sandwiches are good and you have a couple of choices of sauce to put on top.
There were only a couple of wineries at this festival, so if you are really into the wine you might be disappointed. The beer is definitely the main event here.
Tips for the North Fork Beer, BBQ and Wine Festival
- Make a pretzel necklace: String some pretzels together and wear your pretzel necklace to the festival. Beer tasting is better with some pretzels to clear your palate and give you something to snack on.
- Dress Appropriately: It’s grassy, so if it’s supposed to rain, you will want to wear the right shoes because it could get muddy. The day we went it was really hot, and there are a lot of people all jammed into a couple of tents. So, if it’s hot you will want to make sure you wear clothes that will breathe.
- Plan your Ride: Tons of people took buses or limos to this event. If you are going with a group of people make sure you plan your transportation home.
- Arrive On-Time: The festival was sold out when we went, so if you want to enter right at the start time you will want to get there about a half hour before the gates open. Lots of people were there early and the line was long to get in. If you get there a half hour early you should be at the front of the line and not have to wait long to get in when it starts. When we went we got there at 1:50 when it started at 2, and we didn’t get in until 2:20 or so.
- Vendors: They have vendors where you can buy beer and wine items there. If you are interested in buying the knick knacks they sell, you might want to pay for it and pick it up at the end of the festival. You don’t want to have to carry around something you bought at the beginning for four hours.
- Buy your Tickets in Advance: This year the event sold out the Thursday before it was held. If you really want to go to the festival, I would suggest buying them a week in advance.
For more information and to buy your tickets, head over to the official North Fork Beer, BBQ and Wine Festival event website.