Just what is the Most Efficient Space Heater?
Whoever penned that valuable saying probably lived in a State where it gets chilly around the end of the year, Christmas time I suppose. Wether that time is upon us, or just passing, I believe it's a good time to review your heating appliances and with an eye to heating ability and efficient use of energy.
So I have reviewed a whole bunch of space heaters, (regarded as the most efficient), and can wholeheartedly back these two.
First up is the rather uniquely named Dr Infared Quartz Heater. On first glance it looks more like an audio speaker than a heater! But believe me it is one of the most efficient space heaters around. Here are just some of its features:
- Newly Engineered and Designed in USA with Advanced Dual Heating System. 1500W with High and Low Temperature Settings range 65 to 86 degrees.
- The Dr. HeaterTM advanced dual heating systems increase the heat transfer rate, and evenly heats your space up to 1,000 square feet, fast. The newly engineered
- heater produces 60% more heat than the other models in the market. Great supplemental heating source.
- Listed by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) USA ?Canada that ensures highest safety standards. Perfectly safe around the children and pets with no exposed heating
- elements. Overheat Cut Off and Tip Over Protection System
- Manufactured by the same factory that supplies heaters to Sears and Home Depot
It certainly is packed with heat, and customers like you who have bought this unit, (rec retail of $250, but only around $140 if you shop wisely), have certainly been pleased with their choice. Here are just some of their comments:
"I received the DR Heater, and so far it is AWESOME. I had another brand of heater, and it's in the basement already. Quiet isn't quite the word for this heater."
"This little heater does a great job. It circulates the heat around the whole house unlike other space heaters that only really heat the room there in. It also does not roast you out when your sitting near it."
"This heater is attractive and does work like a champ heating up a space quickly and quietly. Additionally, even though the box and information has big warnings about hot to touch, don't worry, the wood casing never even gets warm."
Wow, some happy warm folks there!
Dr%20Infrared%20Quartz%20Infrared%20Portable%20Space%20Heater%20-%201500%20Watt<img%20src="http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=infobarrelcam-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B002QZ11J6" target="_blank">Dr Infared Quartz Heater
The second space heater that proved itself to be a winner was the Lasko 755320 Ceramic Tower Heater with Digital Display and Remote Control. As its name suggests it is a tower type heater, (see pic below), and has a wide oscillation to heat a whole space rather than just what is in front of it. It has clean lines and an attractive overall design, making it an easy fit for most homes, regardless of the decor. Lets look at some of its features:
- 1500 watts of comfort.
- Top-access push-button controls with digital display; low/high speed settings
- Widespread oscillation; programmable thermostat; 8-hour timer; quiet operation
- 8.5" x 7.25" x 23" tall
- Tower heater with elongated self-regulating ceramic heating element, automatic overheat protection. ETL listed
- Digital Display and an included Remote Control
Again this smart unit has well and truly satisfied those customers who have purchased it. Look at their comments here:
"This heater is a life saver! my room mate and i are too cheap to have the heater on all the time. when we are home we have it on at a tolerable 65 degrees and turn it off when we leave the apartment. the heater is a great way to save on the bills and is eco-friendly. it heats up my room very well and pretty fast."
"This model heater turned up tops on many lists as I was researching all makes and models of space heaters for my basement. The options were great and the price reasonable. I've had it now for a few weeks and it works very well, it's quiet, and no shock on the electric bill"
"I recommend this product to everyone who has trouble getting out of bed on those cold winter mornings. I just flip on the heater with a remote, without even leaving my bed. Within 10 minutes, my bedroom is 5 degrees warmer. I like this heater so much that I'm thinking of buying a second one for my living room."
Again, no complaints or regrets there!
Lasko%20Ceramic%20Tower%20Heater%20with%20Digital%20Display%20and%20Remote%20Control<img%20src="http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=infobarrelcam-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B000TTV2QS" target="_blank">Lasko 755320 Ceramic Tower Heater
So whatever you do, don't be cold in your own home. Buy a quality and most efficient space heater, and you will breeze through winter.