Infertility is on the rise amongst couples nowadays. Most opt to consult medical specialist and pursue aggressive infertility treatments to address the problem. Unknown to them, there are natural methods they can use treat the disorder without having to go the expensive treatment options, in Vitro Fertilization (IVF) or any other form of radical treatment. Natural methods of enhancing fertility are much better and cheap as well. Here are some natural infertility treatments that you can consider and increase your chances of getting pregnant.
1. Consume a lot of Vitamins… Lack of essential nutrients can lead to infertility. This might sound unusual but very true. One way to ensure that your body has enough nutrients is by consuming foods and drinks rich in vitamins A, C, E and B. These Vitamins are known to increase sperm count in men and fertilization in women. Besides taking these Vitamins, ensure that you take a lot of Zinc to deal with your hormone levels. To help you further, consider consuming enough amounts of Selenium and Folic acid.
2. Use Herbal Supplements… Herbal supplements particularly Agnus Castus can help balance your hormones. For women, this supplement helps in regulating the menstrual cycle too. With a regular menstruation cycle, it’s easier to tell the days when you’re most fertile. The quest to become pregnant is largely dependent on right timing.
3. Start Eating Healthy… One of the surest infertility treatments is observing what you eat. Apart from healthy eating, you have to adopt healthy living practices as well. If you’re a chain smoker, you need to cut down the number of puffs you have every day or simply quit. It’s important for women to remember that the baby will stay in the womb for nine months and apart from being able to conceive the baby health is of utmost importance. Make sure that you keep off alcohol and caffeine too.
4. Use Organic Products… Most plastic products contain a substance known as xenoestrogens. This substance is also present in pesticides and is known to cause infertility. While it may not be possible all the time, purchasing organic products solely can reduce your chances of consuming this dangerous chemical.
5. Lose Some Weight if you’re Over Weight… If you’re over weight, lose weight since obesity is known to inhibit ovulation in addition to causing damage to hormones. Obesity will also subject you to other health risks such as diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease which negatively impact fertility besides causing other health problems during pregnancy. Women who are excessively overweight are less likely to responds to other natural infertility treatments
The reason why being overweight leads to infertility is because of hormonal imbalance caused by fat cells which produce additional estrogen. Therefore, the more the fat cells, the more the estrogen, the more chances of being infertile.
Amazon Price: $18.00 $7.59 Buy Now
(price as of Aug 20, 2015)
6. Gain Some Weight if you’re Under Weight… Normally a healthy Body Mass Index is anything between 18.5 to 24.9. When your Body Mass Index is below 18.5 it means you’re underweight which can radically reduce your fertility which peaks from 18 BMI (Body Mass Index). Women who are underweight face the danger of not ovulating and many stop menstruating completely or menstruate irregularly. It’s important to mention that it’s possible to menstruate without ovulating, therefore the fact that you menstruate doesn’t mean you’re fertile. A slight gain in weight is just what you need to start ovulating.
7. Try Acupuncture… A study conducted on two sets of women showed that women who received acupuncture treatments alongside embryo transfer stage of in Vitro Fertilization stood a higher chance of getting pregnant. One set who were receiving acupuncture alone stood half the chance of being pregnant compared those who performed acupuncture before the embryo transfer who actually doubled the chance of being pregnant.
Credit: americanpregnancy.org However, it’s not clear whether adopting acupuncture for fertility is helpful. Speculation is rife that acupuncture may have a positive impact on hormonal levels and can increase the amount of blood reaching the ovaries and uterus. Other quarters argue that since acupuncture can cause muscle relaxation, stress levels might be reduced. Stress is known to cause infertility, therefore reducing stress levels and anxiety heightens the increase of in Vitro Fertilization treatments success.
Hypothyroidism and Infertility…Having looked at infertility treatments, let’s seek to answer if there’s any connection between hypothyroidism and the inability to get pregnant. If your thyroid gland is not as active as it should be, it may mean that the gland cannot generate enough hormones. There is a direct link between hypothyroidism and inability to get pregnant. Low levels of the thyroid hormone can get in the way of ovulation which obstructs fertility. Other conditions that trigger hypothyroidism such as autoimmune and pituitary disorder may impair fertility.
Hypothyroidism Medication… Treating hypothyroidism is very crucial just like any other effort to correct infertility is. Even after treatment, hypothyroidism may still prevail and it may take other interventions to correct infertility. For women who have hypothyroidism and hope to get pregnant make sure that you closely work with your doctor to ensure the condition is placed under control. Don’t hesitate to seek additional help from an infertility doctor if need be.
For the women who suffer from hypothyroidism and manage to get pregnant, inform your doctor in advance. This will make sure that the thyroid levels are closely monitored throughout the pregnancy to promote normal fetal development and minimize chances of a possible miscarriage.
Endometriosis and Infertility… If you suffer from endometriosis you may have a hard time getting pregnant. Research shows that 30% to 50% of women suffering from endometriosis may experience infertility. This disorder can influence pregnancy in a variety of ways. These include
· Distorted anatomy of the pelvis
· Disfigured fallopian tubes
· Altered immune system functioning
· Changes in hormonal environments of the eggs
· Damaged implantation of pregnancy
· Distorted egg quality
The doctor may ascertain the amount, location and depth of endometriosis and give you a score based on the severity. It’s the score that determines whether your endometriosis is at the minimal, mild or severe stage. Depending at the stage of your endometriosis you may or may not get pregnant. Women with severe endometriosis have very minimal chances of becoming pregnant and it may take advanced fertility treatments to correct the situation.