River boat cruises of Europe is one of the best ways to spend a vacation, retirement vacation or even a honeymoon. Discovering Europe through a river boat cruise experience can give you breathtaking and wonderful memories to last you a lifetime. Discover the many different cultures in quaint, tucked away communities of Europe with this unique river boat cruise opportunity. These ships are very compact, unlike the large cruise ships so they can take you through the small canals and rivers with a passenger limit of only about 200 passengers.
Riverboat Cruises Europe
Rhine River Cruise (7 Days)
This unique 7 day river boat cruise of Europe starts from Basel, Switzerland ending the scenic tour in Amsterdam. The five night-two day package includes the following: 14 meals, flights to and from, unlimited wine with your dinners, wireless audio system and much more.
- Scenic Places Visited: Strasboourg, Germany, Rudesheim, Colgne(Germany).
- Contact Information: Gate 1(one) Travel 455 Maryland Drive Fort Washington, PA 19034 800-682-3333: Website: gate1travel.com
Tauck's French Escapade-Monte Carlo to Paris
Tauck’s French Escapade is a 14 day riverboat cruise taking the Rhone and the Saone rivers through beautiful France. Begin your vacation with a short stay at the luxurious Fairmont Hotel in Monte Carlo before your adventure begins.
- Scenic Places Visited: Monte Carlo, Arles, La Camargue, Avignon, Beaune
- Contact Information: Tauck World Discovery 20 Norden Place Norwalk, CT 06855 800-788-7885: Website: tauck.com
Uniworld's Portugal, Spain-The Douro River Valley
The Uniworld Portugal Spain riverboat European cruise begins with an adventure down the Duoro River Valley. This is a great trip for those who are connoisseurs of fine wine because of the short trip through port country. This 12 day river boat cruise is something you will talk about for a long time to come.
- Scenic Places Visited: Lisbon, Coimbra, Porto, Bitetos, Regua, Pinhao, Salamanca
- Contact Information: Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection 17323 Ventura Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 91316 800-733-7820: Website: uniworld.com
Viking Riverboat Cruises of Europe
- Contact Information: Website: vikingrivercruises.com, PH#: 1-800-706-1483 (You have the option on their website to have someone call you back at a time that is convenient for you.
Benefits Of Small Riverboat European Cruises
These riverboats for European cruises may be smaller than the larger cruise ships, but they do offer great benefits including but not limited to: sun deck, unlimited food, exercise rooms, large library, whirlpools and saunas.
Cost of Riverboat Cruises of Europe
The average cost of a Riverboat Cruise of Europe is anywhere $800 for less amenities to $6000 for the works. The average cruise is about $1,500 to $3, 500 which includes airfare, tours, lodging and some amenities. This price depends on the agent and the region of Europe you wish to visit.