Are you stuck with your website or blog? Here are some suggestions:
1. MORE CONTENT - Especially since the last Google update, on-page content is becoming more important than ever in the eyes of Google for those attempting to make money online. More static content added to your network of sites (and blog content on blogs) are invaluable aids in upping your Google ranking. The Google bot will devour this content and rank your sites higher for more keywords - sometimes even keywords you weren't trying to rank for. Your site's visitors will appreciate this information and perhaps even link to it or tell their friends about it.
In the past, on-page content mattered very little in comparison to backlinks, but now that isn't quite as true anymore. Spammers with "made for AdSense" sites were taking advantage of this and getting keyword-anchored backlinks from their "link farms" to rank low quality sites for all the good keywords â€“ and they were making a killing on the AdSense clicks. Their pages were perfectly optimized for their target keywords, the AdSense blocks were pasted smack dab front and center on the page, and when people saw their horrid content, they felt forced to do one of two things: click one of the ads or exit the page. These spammers slapped up an ugly site that had no useful information â€“ just a bunch of recycled garbage that mentioned all the right keywords and were rewarded with top ranking in Google for their keywords â€“ and more importantly, they were rewarded with top-notch "per click" payments from Google because their sites were so perfectly optimized. While others with legit sites were getting "smart priced" on their AdSense clicks due to poor CTR (click through rate) since people actually wanted to read their content, the spammers were making top dollar. Google finally caught on to this and many of those sites have been de-indexed. Backlinks are still most important, but quality on-page content plays a huge role as well. With many of those spammers out of the picture, Google has laid down a new set of rules for ranking well in the SERPs.
2. ANSWER THEIR QUESTIONS WITH YOUR CONTENT - Base your content on relevant questions that people might type into Google. The goal is to obtain more organic search traffic by means of ranking for high traffic keywords (or questions in this case.) What is it that these Google searchers are searching for? People are searching for information or answers to their burning questions. When people want to know something, they often turn to Google for help.
3. WHY PAY WHEN YOU CAN GET IT FOR FREE? - PPC campaigns are fine, but nothing beats ranking organically for competitive keywords. Not only are organic rankings cheaper (free, in fact!) but also more effective because many people subconsciously skip over the "sponsored results" and only look at results 1-10 on the SERP instead.
4. WORK THE YOUTUBE ANGLE â€“ If I weren't so lazy, I'd have a lively YouTube channel! Some of the most successful people (think FRED, Justin Bieber, Kimbo Slice, etc) made their claim to fame through YouTube. I believe the same strategy can be used for businesses. YouTube is a very powerful media and is especially powerful for getting your site in front of as many people as possible in a short amount of time. The viral effect of YouTube is one to not be ignored.
5. FACEBOOK AND TWITTER â€“ I suggest that we form more of a connection through social networking now. There are lots of possibilities to explore down this avenue. I know I don't update my Facebook and Twitter nearly as much as I should, but many of my linkbuilding friends do and it's working wonders for them.
5. BEGIN RANKING FOR LONG-TAIL KEYWORDS â€“ Find keyword phrases that are less likely to have competition. This means don't start out by trying to rank on the first page for "how to lose weight" or "how to make money online" because it's going to be a long and frustrating road if you think you can boot out the ones already on the first page for those keywords.
6. WRITE BACKLINK ARTICLES - Backlink article writing sucks. I've written so many articles that I often cringe at the thought of writing more. However, this activity is important if you want to rank for keywords that bring traffic. The need for backlinks is the sole reason that the web sewer is backed up with useless crap that tries to pass as useful. Most internet marketers figure if they can manage to mention "make money online" just *one* more time than the person at the top of Google or spin their articles just *one* more time than competitors that they can steal away that top spot. The web sewer continues to get more and more clogged as people race to outdo each other. Regardless, this method is still highly effective in ranking for appropriate keywords.
The bottom line is, the more we try to trick Google, the more we are likely to fall flat on our faces. Be careful.