- Two Innovative Approach Ideas to Save Money in Your Hydro Bill
Here are two unique Ideas to save energy and money in your home. First I want to discuss is Solatube and later I will discuss PowerCost Monitor.
What is Solatube?
Solatube is a very unique daylighting Systems that provide a good alternative to artificial lighting.This tube helps bringing the benefits of natural sun light to both new and existing homes. This innovative systems have daylight dimmers that control the amount of light coming into a room. It is also a better quality light, as it is the same color temperature (or rendition) as the light outside. Research has shown that Solatube systems can
This Device can be installed almost anywhere, in tight spaces, and in rooms without direct roof access. In this system has flexibility of a zero-to-90-degree extension tube that can accommodate even the trickiest of installation challenges without compromising lighting performance. Solatube Daylighting Systems vary in price based on the size.There price range from $250-400.
Here are some important features about Solatube:
- Save money as you do not need electric power on those places where is dark in day time.
- Cost Is very low As compare to windows and skylights.
- They are compact so you can install them anywhere in your house
- They are very easy to install. They require no structural reframing, tunneling, drywalling or painting.
- Daylighting System is the only product line with Spectralight Infinity, a revolutionary reflective tubing material that can transfer up to 500 percent more daylight than any other material currently used in the industry.
What is PowerCost Monitor?
The PowerCost Monitor is a device which shows how much energy we are using at home. In one look you can see how much electricity consumption. From looking at the PowerCost Monitor, you can see in real time how much
Part1- Sensor Unit that you can simply attach to the outside of your hydro meter. Once attached in place, the sensor reads the amount of electricity the household is consuming in real-time and transmits the information wirelessly to thePower Monitorwhich is located inside the home.
Part2-A wireless, durablePower Monitor that matches to a small digital clock. This unit can sense the information for about 100ft from the sensor unit. That is why you can use this monitor anywhere in house. Anytime of the day, you can see electricity use of your home is using in real time.
Here are some important features about PowerCost Monitor:
- Hour to Hour the amount of electricity use.
- shows the difference in electricity consumption caused by turning on and off the various electrical appliances in your home.
- How much of money you are spending on electricity.
Conclusion: With the use these of this new approach you can reduce your hydro bill by 20-30%