A family holiday can be an amazing experience, truly spending quality time together while exploring a new destination, or returning to an old favourite. To avoid the typical family quarrels that can occur when spending time together continuously, there needs to be an even balance of entertainment for both the parents and children.
Barcelona is an amazingly diverse city with so much to offer families with children of all ages. Here are just a few examples of the family-friendly activities available to you while staying in family Barcelona apartments.
1. Tibidabo Mountain – Situated at the peak of Tibidabo Mountain is an enchanting theme park. Hours of entertainment can be had on the variety of rides and games available, while parents can either join in too, or sit back and relax while taking in the spectacular views over Barcelona. At 512m, these are the finest views of the city, and the journey to the top is an exciting journey in itself, travelling by tram and funicular. Family photos will be a plenty with street performers in the theme park, along with a water flume ride and Ferris wheel. For some fresh air and exercise, you can explore the woodlands that surround the amusement park. Admission into Tibidabo Mountain amusement park costs EUR25.20 per person.
2. Barcelona Aquarium – With the city of Barcelona located along the Mediterranean coastline, it is quite fitting to take a trip to the aquarium, and learn about the Mediterranean aquatic life, and beyond. Both kids and parents will be fascinated by the 11,000 sea creatures on display in an array of water tanks, holding a staggering 6 million litres. Walk through a submerged tunnel to be surrounded some of the ocean’s most loved (and feared) sea creatures, or, for an up close and personal shark encounter; diving is also available at an additional cost. The aquarium is an exciting and educational attraction, also offering a variety of tours and workshops. Entry is EUR18 for an adult ticket, and EUR13 for a child ticket.
3. Guell Park – An enchanting attraction for all ages, Guell Park is an architectural haven displaying the splendid works of Anotni Gaudi. Children while be captivated by the colours used in many of the displays, and the mystical figures, such as the beautiful mosaic dragon at the entrance of the park. Parents can enjoy the tranquil setting, which was originally proposed to be a wealthy housing estate, and absorb the spectacular views from the municipal park. Prepare a picnic in your Barcelona holiday apartment, to take with you and enjoy on the top terrace, while seated on the famous ceramic tiled wall that snakes around. Guell Park is a free attraction to visit, with an admission fee charged only for entry into the Gaudi Museum, located on-site.
4. The Magic Fountain – Sure to mesmerise even the most restless of child, the fountain is a delightful spectacle when taking an evening stroll around the Placa de Espanya. Illuminated against the night sky, The Magic Fountain presents an impressive display of powerful water jets, and is accompanied by music.
5. Urban Beaches - Who could forgot one of Barcelona’s most-loved features. The city boasts some great family-friendly beaches, perfect for a relaxed day on the Mediterranean coastline or for a swim to cool off from the hot Spanish sun. Many of the beaches offer convenient facilities such as lifeguarding services, public restrooms, refreshment stands, watersports, bars and restaurants to take advantage of.