You might not like to hear what I am going to write about this time, but it needs to be done. In this day and age where many people are dissatisfied with their jobs it is easy to look online and see if there is any way to make money. Doing a quick check with google you will find 513,000,000 results for "make money" and 32,500,000 for "make money online" ... showing that you are not the only one wanting to find a way to make money.
If you are just starting out and learning how it can be done, I am sure you will run into many deals that seem to be too good to be true, and many times they are just that, too good to be true. If you are unlucky you will run into a few real scams and quite a lot of crappy offers, products and projects, all claiming to help you make money while you are sleeping and of course, tons of it.
My post is not aimed at that side of the story, yet at the way many people are fooling themselves, signing up for all "great deals", best offers, newsletters, free products only to find that in the end they are completely lost and discouraged. You might even think of signing up for special projects which will show you how to go about it step by step, spending your time and money for a few weeks or even months without seeing result and than throw in the towel, screaming you are just scammed again and jump to the next best thing that comes along, repeating history.
You see, a disturbing 90% of all people who try to make money online will not succeed and only 1% will rake in 6 digit numbers yearly (or more). If you think that signing up for programs who claim to set you up with a moneymaking website so you can just sit back and see the money flooding in, you are probably not cut out for this business.
That is right, you heard me use the word "Business", because that is just what it is, and an online business needs to be planned and managed, just like any other business needs to. You need to be dedicated to make your chosen path working the way you want it to work. You need to find something you can do with passion because you will be spending a lot of time doing it, especially in the beginning.
So even before you begin you will have to make sure that working online is the right job for you. You must ask yourself several questions before even thinking of choosing this career.
- Are you highly motivated to work alone? It might sound fabulous, working at home, but are you really able to motivate yourself enough to put in the hours and dedication needed?
- Are you able to adapt to the ever-changing trends online? What works today might very well break down tomorrow. You must be able to deal with setbacks and make sure you build several income streams in order to spread risks.
- Do you have enough skills to set up a website or a blog and if not, are you willing to learn all that is needed?
- Are you persistent and perseverant? Many people call out for scams, not because they were really scammed, but because they gave up themselves before a program really started working. You must realize that it might take several months or even up to a year before you can see any real results and you will need stamina in order not to give up.
- Are you willing to improve on the skills you already have?
- Do you have writing skills? You do not need to be the best writer in the world, but you must be able to capture your visitors attention, make them wanting to come back for more in order to build a good customer relationship.
- Are you able to focus on tasks at hand? Working online it is very easy to get distracted and sidetracked by all the information available, but spending hours a day in a deconstructive manner is not going to get you anywhere.
- Are you not easily discouraged by failure or setbacks? Be prepared. You will fail. There will be setbacks. You will make mistakes. It is a learning process and that does not matter, in fact, it will only improve you. However, if this gets you down easily, you better reconsider what you are planning to do.
Many questions you need to think about seriously even before starting out. But, if you can honestly answer all these questions with a yes, working online might just be your thing!
If that is the case, and you are serious about making money online, you must treat it as your business, even if you can only spend a few hours a day or a week, working on growing your online property (blogs, websites, articles, lenses etc). In order to get the most out of your efforts and time, you should really focus on what works and forget about what does not bring in the money.
For example, if you already have a few websites set up and one of them is really going up, you can decide to focus most of your time on that website in order to create even more traffic and opportunities, and focus less on those particular projects that do not bring in the cash yet.
A great way to focus on potential earners, is to get more educated on how to do keyword research, how to find out which words can bring you the money, what to do with them and how to best promote them. Make no mistakes, if you want to make it big online, it will cost a lot of hard time and effort, but if you stick with it and persist, you can get to the level where all of a sudden all pieces start to fall in the right places, and your online business really starts taking off!
I can proudly say that after a year and a half of plowing away, I can finally make a living online and I have reached that point where you think “Am I glad that I never gave up!!”, because once you hit the sweet spot, it just all goes uphill from there.
Make no mistakes though, it has taken me a lot of hard work, many mistakes that have cost me money, many tramps that I have fallen for and what not. For me personally it was a combination of The Keyword Academy and Build My Rank to finally get me there and after a long struggle, the future is looking really bright!