Home security cameras have grown in popularity. More people than ever are worried about burglars and property damage, which has led to an increase over the past few years. Along with the, the cost of technology is on the decline. In short, this means that home security cameras are more affordable than ever before. When you combine all these factors, it is easy to see why a record number of Unite States homeowners are installing security cameras.
Although you may have an interest in installing security cameras, this is not something that will happen on its own. Instead, you need to take a few simple steps.
- Setup your camera(s) in the location you are attempting to monitor. For many homeowners the front door is the best place to monitor as you will be able to see who is visiting your property as well as any intruders attempting to gain access through this manner.
- The "video out" jack should be connected to the "video in" jack of your monitor. This can be done with a composite video cable, which is often time supplied when you buy a security camera.
During this step you need to choose the type of monitor that you are going to use. Some use a computer screen, others buy a monitor specifically for a security camera, and others opt for a simple television.
- Setup your monitor and tune it to the proper channel. Since each monitor is different, you may need to spend some time finding the proper video channel. In most cases you can find this by pressing the "input" or "source button" on your monitor.
- Turn on the camera as well as the wireless receiver.
- Synchronize the signal to the receiver by changing frequencies until an image appears on the monitor.
Are you setting up a wired security camera? In this case, you have a bit more work. Instead of using a wireless receiver you will have wires running from the camera to the monitor. This may require additional work, but with a little more time you can have things setup just the way you want.
If you are interested in installing multiple security cameras you will have to follow these steps more than once. With a wireless setup, the process is simple – all you need is a wireless receiver for each camera as well as a video switcher that allows for multiple inputs into one video output. Again, if you have a wired system you must run additional wires.
Are there any privacy laws in your town? This is not something you usually have to worry about if you are monitoring your own home. However, it is best to check with your local police department before starting the installation process.
By following these steps you will find it simple to install security cameras in your home. From one camera to several, now that you know what you are doing you should be able to complete the installation process in no time at all.