Skin Tightening â Tighten Loose Skin
Loose skin is a frequent problem for anyone that has ever lost a lot of weight, had a baby, that is a smoker or through the general aging process when gravity begins to take it's toll on the body and the skin. Loose skin is also a result of a loss of skin elasticity that comes from sun exposure, lack of hydration, improper diet, lack of exercise and a lack of proper skin care.
You've probably seen the show The Biggest Loser and those contestants enter the show extremely overweight with loose skin and after losing weight they are much more tone and firm so it is possible and you can tighten loose skin and restore skin elasticity too. Skin doesn't suddenly become loose and saggy; it takes a while to develop loose skin so keep this in mind as you take measures to tighten loose skin. It could take anywhere from one month for some to six months for others.
It is possible to obtain skin tightening by improving the skin elasticity also known as skin turgor with a few easy tips that you can add to your daily routine.
Skin Tightening â Tips to Tighten Loose Skin
- Exercise â exercise is probably the number one area of importance when it comes to skin tightening. Adding at least 30 minutes of daily exercise can help to tone and tighten loose skin by replacing fat with muscle. Add walking, some form of aerobics and simple weight lifting to tighten loose skin that will help you lose weight at the same time as an added bonus.
- Facial Exercises - facial exercises can also be added such as tapping on the neck with the back of the fingers for several minutes twice a day and turning the head to the side and looking upward towards the sky to stretch the neck and then returning the head to the center of body and repeating 30 times and then repeating on the other side. Try laying on the bed with your head lightly hanging over the edge while you do neck exercises to fight the effects of gravity or use an inversion table.
- Hydration â tighten loose skin by adding plenty of water daily to your diet. Lack of hydration starts in our internal organs and is ultimately visible on our skin with dry, saggy skin. The body is made mostly of water and we lose water daily through exercise and perspiration. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water daily and notice an improvement in skin tightening as well as many other health benefits that come from hydrating the body.
- Diet â you've heard that we are what we eat and this is absolutely true and affects the amount of skin tightening that our skin will have. Add lean protein to each meal to help to build muscle as well as fresh fruits and fresh vegetables that contain valuable vitamins, antioxidants and water to the organs. The skin is the largest organ of the body and needs more nutrition to tighten loose skin.
- Sun protection â wear a sunscreen daily with an spf level of 30 to reduce the effects of drying and shrinking or sagging of the skin. For more sun protection and to help the skin add sunglasses and a hat and always wear protective clothing if you'll be in the sun for extended amounts of time or gloves in the winter. Always reapply sunscreen every hour for the best results. Winter is also a time that sunscreen is needed since the sun's rays are less potent but, still there.
- Skin Care â wash the skin daily with products that contain healthy nutritional ingredients to help skin tightening. Water alone will not remove dirt or makeup adequately nor does it provide the vitamins, collagen or anti aging ingredients that assist with skin tightening. Add a body scrub to hands and body several times a week that helps to invigorate and massage the skin as one way of reducing stretch marks and tightening the skin. Use daily anti aging ingredients to the face, neck and dÃ©colletage area that boost the skin elasticity. Some of the more popular and well known ingredients to help tighten skin include Glycolic acid, Hyaluronic acid, Vitamin E, Retinol, Salicylic acid and peptides which collectively will help to exfoliate dry dead skin cells, allow greater levels of hydrating the skin and boost the production of collagen which is the plumping agent to skin.
Avoid expensive and potentially harmful surgery to tighten loose skin when these simple techniques will take longer but, are still effective without the cost, side effects or scarring potential.
By applying these tips to your daily routine, you will notice an improvement in skin tightening and the sooner you start, the sooner you will see these results that you are looking for. Don't give up on your desire for tightening loose skin as many people notice tighter skin in one month or six months depending on the loss of skin elasticity that you have. You'll look better but, better yet you'll feel better with tighter skin on your face and your whole body. Good luck with your efforts to tighten loose skin.
Get more tips to tighten skin: