If you are looking for a product that can reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, discoloration, large pores, uneven skin texture, and aging skin, a plant-based cream called Nerium AD Age-Defying Treatment might be just what you are looking for. You may have seen the before and after photos of people who have used the product with success and are now asking yourself, does Nerium AD work? This article discusses some of the common questions people ask and offers tips for those who say that Nerium AD doesn't work for them.
First, full disclosure: I am a brand partner (what Nerium International calls its distributors) and a consistent user of Nerium AD Age-Defying Treatment.
A lot of R&D has gone into producing Nerium AD. The company has commissioned third-party clinical studies that have shown positive results in certain areas for dermal application in a proprietary blend. An important consideration is the safety of using an extract of Nerium oleander. It’s this special extract taken from the oleander plant that you get in Nerium AD. And it’s this extract of the plant that has been deemed safe. Thus, you need not worry about plant toxicity.
Does Nerium Work? What if Nerium Does Not Work as I Hoped?
As with any product, the results people attain vary. If you are already taking good care of your skin, your results may be subtle. You might not see the immediate reduction of lines, wrinkles, and spots as some others do. However, in general, when people report that Nerium AD doesn't work, it is usually due to one of several factors.
Here are some tips to get the best results:
- Use the product correctly. This is super simple regimen. Before bed, dampen your skin with water. A spray bottle works well. Apply one full pump to one side of you face, a second pump to the other side. Apply a third pump to your neck area and a fourth pump any problem spots. Your skin does need to be damp -- but not dripping -- for your skin to absorb the product.
Be sure the product goes directly from the bottle to your skin. In other words, don’t dispense and share the product in little containers or have someone share the product with you in this manner. Because of the 30-day guarantee, the actual bottle of Nerium AD is the sample bottle. Also, make use of the little plug that comes with the bottle. It's not big deal, but it will help to keep air away from the bottle. See this article of for complete instructions how to apply Nerium AD at night.
- Use an adequate amount. Do not skimp. Be sure you are using 4 pumps every night. The positive results in the clinical trials are based on using 4 pumps. You will see a light "mask" of the Nerium AD cream, but don't worry, the product will dry clear.
- Be patient. Give the product time to work. When you buy a new bottle from a brand partner or as a preferred customer at $95, you have access to a 30-day money-back guarantee. During this time you have the opportunity to determine whether Nerium AD is right for you.
If you remain unsure as the 30th day nears, and you have the finances to try the Nerium AD a little longer, give it the full 90 days or longer. Keep in mind that this product is a multi-tasker because it works on a number of different skin issues. For example, even if it didn't lighten the dark spot as much as you would have liked, the product still may be helping your skin in other areas unbeknownst to you (like future lines and wrinkles).
- Be consistent. Although some may beg to differ, Nerium AD is not a miracle, overnight product. It takes time for your skin to rejuvenate. Sometimes skin goes through a detox phase where one's skin gets worse before it gets better. This is the same as what might happen if you go for a facial. When this happened to me, I patiently waited and appreciated the tightening of my skin that occurred each night the Nerium AD dried on my face. Think mini-facelift! Also, consistent actions for healthy skin like getting enough rest, staying hydrated, and eating sensibly can support and possibly speed your skin's regeneration.
- Maintain realistic expectations. Everyone’s skin is different and because of this, results will vary. The photos in the company-produced literature are real, but view them as examples of the possibilities -- not what will happen to you. Each person will have their own story to tell. (I’ve fully accepted the fact that no matter how much Nerium AD I put on my skin, I will not look like Charlize Theron!)
- In terms of downsides, a couple of people have commented about not-liking the scent. To me, it smells like a light cucumber scent, and it dissipates when it dries. There might be slight variations in scent and color from bottle to bottle, which is due to Nerium AD being a plant-based product. The best thing is to try it and decide for yourself.
- Here's a video by an esthetician who answers frequently asked questions about Nerium AD including how to apply it, the type of moisturizer to use with it (nothing with retinol), and comments about the scent.
- Choosing between a chemical skin care regimen and a plant-based one is no-brainer. Go with the plant-based. And recent improvements to NeriumAD have even made the night cream gluten-free.
- Choosing between a complicated skin care regimen and simple regimen is also easy. Simple is better, right? During a recent trip, my skincare bag included my eye makeup remover, cleanser, Nerium AD, sunscreen, and day moisturizer. Very uncomplicated. I'm also finding that I don't need to wear much foundation anymore.
- Indeed, Nerium AD is a workhorse of a product. It is not inexpensive, but I think it actually saves me money because of all the products and treatments I no longer buy. What I don't need anymore are acne medication, toner, skin softener, facial scrub, chemical peel, night cream, and eye cream. It saves me time, too. Do your research. I think you’ll find Nerium AD to be very competitively priced.
Is Nerium Right for You?
Although I have clear biases toward the efficacy of the product, I concede that the product might not be for everyone. Only you can decide. If you have a product that is working well for you, it might not be worth it to switch to a different skincare routine.
However, if you are looking for a simple skin care solution that works on a number of problem areas at once, it might be worth giving NeriumAD a 30-, 60-, or 90-day trial. Lastly, consider your choices -- choosing between a chemical skin care regimen or one that is plant-based. For me, it’s plant-based skin care hands down!
Nerium International and its sales are growing by leaps and bounds because people are seeing good results. It may be worth your while to check it out, too, even if just to see what all the fuss is about.