Making slow cooker desserts for Christmas is one of the best ways to quickly make a dessert in this holiday season as you can do more important things such as preparing the turkey for the Christmas dinner. The slow cooker has become quite popular in the past few years as it can save you a lot of time especially if you work full time or busy with the family.
You can actually make a lot of meals using a slow cooker or also commonly known as a crockpot such as beef,chicken,soups,casseroles and also desserts. It has been quite popular because cooking your meals using a slow cooker is not only healthy but you can also make your meat very tender and delicious.
Their are many different types of slow cookers in the market today and the one's with a digital display are the easiest to operate. They are also very affordable and you do not have to spend a lot of money to make beautiful meals for your family.
Slow cooker desserts for xmas such as the Christmas pudding is very easy to do and can also be done a day or two in advance if you prefer. Here is a recipe that you can try to make at home for your christmas dessert.
Steamed Slow Cooker Christmas Pudding.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 4 - 6 hours
Serves : Approximately 6 people
500g dried mixed fruit
Half cup of brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup self raising flour
Third of a cup of brandy or sherry
Half teaspoon of spice
Half teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine all the mixed fruit,brown sugar,butter and brandy or sherry. Heat until the butter is melted and mix until it begins to boil.
- Then remove from the heat and add the bicarbonate of soda and allow it to cool.
- Grease 6 pudding bowls.
- Then add the eggs to the cooled mixture and mix well. Then fold through the flour and spices gently.
- Pour the mixture into the pudding bowls and cover with a double layer of foil and also tie tightly with some string so it forms a good seal.
- Then place it in the slow cooker and pour in some water that reaches two thirds the way up from the pudding bowls. Cover and cook on high for approximately 5 - 7 hours.
- You can also reheat the Christmas puddings in water on high for 2 - 3 hours just before serving. You can then serve it with some custard.
The other benefits of using a slow cooker for your meals is that there isn't much washing up to do. You can usually remove the crockery pot from the slow cooker and wash it easily with soapy water. Then you can put the slow cooker away in your cupboard, it is that easy.
If you have never used a slow cooker before, you do not have to worry as it is very easy to use and operate, even the kids can get involved in making yummy recipes at home as well. As they are very affordable and usually cost under $100 dollars they are a great investment and also a great Christmas present for your friends and also family members.
Best Rated Slow Cooker
Make Easy Desserts With A Slow Cooker
Amazon Price: $299.00 $125.00 Buy Now
(price as of Feb 10, 2016)