A slow cooker is a cooking appliance which maintains a relatively, compared to boiling of frying, low temperature for a long time. The advantages of a Crock-Pot (its popular name) are numerous. For instance, there is less of a chance of scorching your food, the flavors are better distributed and less expensive meats can still be made delicious. This is because the cooking happens really slow, so all the juices will be pulled in by everything within the Crock-Pot. Slow cooked corned beef for instance is a meal that is prepared delicious with a slow cooker.
Corned beef is a typical beef product. You can also find it in a can, as canned corned beef, where the beef is preserved with salt. Corned Beef is a famous beef product and we are going to prepare it with a slow cooker!
As said, beef is one of the examples of meat perfect for slow cooking. If you get cheap meat, the quality won't be that good. But with a slow cooker, you can actually make it taste pretty well again. This makes a perfect combination for students. You can set everything up right before you go to a lecture, press on, come back after 5 hours of lecture and your (cheap) meal will be ready to be eaten! Perfect? Let's talk beef!
Slow Cooker Recipe Corned Beef
Ingredients for slow cooked corned beef
- 3 cups of Corned Beef brisket. This should be cooked already.
- 2 small onions. Chopped, as expected.
- 3 potatoes. Also the potatoes should be chopped.
- 1 teaspoon salt. Although salt isn't a very good ingredient, it flavors your meal!
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper. To season your meal.
- 1 cup low fat beef broth.
After making sure you have all the ingredients, it's time to head over to the preparation part!
Preparing the Slow Cooked Corned Beef
- Run the corned beef, the onions and the potatoes through a food grinder. You can also use a food processor of course.
- Mis well with all the remaining ingredients. Now put in the other ingredients, mix it well.
- Press it into a greased pot. You can grease your crock pot with some butter.
- Cover it and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. After the cooking your meal will be ready!
After 8 hours of waiting your slow cooker corned beef will be ready to eat! In the meanwhile you can do all kind of things, because the waiting time is fairly long.
For those of you interested in what this meal contains.
The Slow Cooked Corned Beef contains:
- 297 Calories (kcal)
- 18 grams of Total Fat (52% calories from fat)
- 21 grams of protein
- 15 grams of carbohydrate
- 63 mg of cholesterol
- 589 mg of sodium
The slow cooker recipes corned beef is one of the many slow cooker recipes for beef out there for slow cookers. When you have a crock pot, there are multiple options to prepare and to eat! For instance, check out a slow cooker recipes for pork chops! Another typical slow cooker meal is slow cooker wings! Great for parties, but also good for people who are on their own.